Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Movie Night


Last night I went with my friend Lyn to see Catch a Fire. I had seen a few previews, but didn't know much about it. Wow. It was very hard to watch, but very good. It was a true story about a South African man who becomes a freedom fighter with the ANC after a brutal run-in with a government terror squad. (Can you tell I took that description from the Internet? haha) Anyways, the poor guy was really trying to stay away from anything political and really minding his own business, but then got brought in for something he didn't do. They beat him very badly and even tortured his wife. This sent him over the edge and then things went bad (don't want to give too much away in case you want to see it). It just REALLY made me feel blessed to be born in Canada and reminded me of how good we have it here. Both characters had good and bad things about them which made it really hard to know who (if anyone) you were supposed to be sympathic to and cheer for. Very weird feelings leaving this movie, but I would definitely recommend it. Sometimes we can get a little too sheltered about what's going on in the world.
P.S. Tonight's Boot Camp was hard, but I must say that I'm noticing I have WAY more energy than I used to. For instance, I used to be in bed around 10 pm for sure, but the other night I went to bed as usual and I laid there until I realized, "Hey, I'm not at all tired." I stayed up until midnight (that's late for this old fogey on a week night, sad but true) and thought I'd pay for it the next day, but I was ok. Well, I haven't seen the inches drop yet, but heck, it's only been a week and a half, right? :)

No comments: