Sunday, April 01, 2007

Happy Birthday, Bren!!!

Last Sunday was Bren's birthday, but she went home for Spring Break, so we celebrated yesterday. Bren and I have been friends for at least 13 years now. Wow, '94 doesn't seem like it was 13 years ago! We hit it off right away and haven't looked back. Bren, like the card I got you says, "I'm blaming you for all the laugh lines around my eyes." We have had MANY fun times together. I love how we can relate and know what the other's going to say before we finish our sentence. We don't actually finish each other sentences ... we're not those kinds of friends .. haha, ok, maybe I do sometimes, but mostly we know where the other one's going before she gets there, and that's fun. We've shed many a tear together, prayed together, over-analyzed many a situation (we're girls, what can I say?), travelled together, vented to each other, and have just generally been the best of friends. I'm SOOOOO glad that God brought you into my life. I honestly don't know what I'd do with out you and am glad I don't have to find out. Thanks so much for your friendship.

Here are the girls celebrating: Bren, Me, Colleen, Natasha, Karen and Carmen. Jennie had the kids this weekend, so unfortunately, she wasn't able to join us. Also, Rachel couldn't get a babysitter, so as we were sitting there, we all of a sudden heard this little voice say, "Happy Birthday, Brenda," and we looked over to see this.
Rachel had packed up her 3 boys and brought them to the restaurant to deliver flowers to Bren. Aiden had been in a wedding last year and so Rachel dressed him up in his tux to deliver the flowers. It was SO cute! She told the boys that girls like boys who get dressed up and bring girls flowers. Way to go, Rae! Start them early! Never too young to teach them how to treat girls. :)

Here's a story to prove that Bren and I spend a lot of time together. At my birthday last year, Aiden says to Bren, "Brenda, are you and Fiona married?" Too funny! A few people almost spit their cake out of their mouths and most people were stifling their laughs/giggles because we didn't want him to feel silly, but he said something about Mommy and Daddy always being together and they're married, so .... Out of the mouths of babes. Bren and I do go over to their place together a lot. Funny!
Bren and I have had many adventures together. Here are a few pics.

We've taken countless trips to Seattle. Yeah for Cheesecake Factory!


We've gone on a cruise to Alaska. Here we are panning for gold.


We've had car trouble together.


We've been in a wedding together.


Here we are at same said wedding getting a little star struck. It's Abbotsford's own Canadian Idol, Shane Wiebe. :)


I couldn't find any digital pics of us in Mexico, but here we are in Hawaii at the U2 concert, which I think has been our best adventure to date. I'm looking forward to trying to top it (maybe actually getting to meet Bono one day) and taking many more trips.

I don't know if you'll even read this post, Bren, but I want to honor you on your birthday (or a week after) and let everyone know how much you mean to me. Thanks for taking me in this weekend while I'm between house sitting gigs. It's been fun. LOVE YA!

11 comments:

Jennie said...

Yay for Bren!!!

Kori's House said...

It sounds like you have an amazing friend!! Actually it sounds like you have an amazing GROUP of friends!
A true Blessing.

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
Well I´ve known her for 20 years now so there!!!! I too am so glad to have Bren for a friend even though it has to be long distance for now. She is one of the best people I know along with you Fiona girl. I won´t be jealous of your adventures because I got to have many of my own. I am now on a new adventure which is crazy and fun and scary but it is always fun to come home and make some more memories with you guys. You guys ROCK!!!!
Love Lea

Fiona said...

Kori - yes, you're right. I do have an amazing group of friends and I do feel blessed.

Lea - hopefully one of these days Bren and I will get our butts down to Argentina and then the 3 of us can have some more adventures!

Lovella ♥ said...

Fiona, what a wonderful friendship story. I really enjoyed clicking to enlarge the table of girls to see a little better.

Friendship is such a gift and you need to be a friend to have friends to yay to you too.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing tribute to friendship! Everyone should be so blessed to have friends like that. :)

Dwain and Lori said...

Happy Belated Birthday Brenda!
I too think you're great! There is something about your personality that creates a "fun place" wherever you go!
Fiona,
you are definitely blessed! And I know you know it. The times I get to spend with you are always entertaining and I look forward to them. I bought another roast! Can you come this week?
Lori

Jennie said...

Lori, I like roast!!

Anonymous said...

Hey FIONA! What the heck???? That was so nice yet bizarre to read. :) I am also very thankful for our friendship and for the great group that we hang out with. We really are blessed aren't we? Thanks again!

(see - i do read your blog!)

carmen said...

I found your blog Fiona! I just had to respond, because I think Brenda is great too! I also think very highly of you Fiona and I'm glad we could see each other a bit lately at the fun meetings!
Happy Birthday Brenda!

Fiona said...

Carmen! Welcome here. Glad you found it. Yes, I'm having fun catching up with you girls at our meetings, too. Looking forward to many more fun times.