Sunday, September 16, 2007

Justin Timberlake - Brought Sexy Back!

Let me take you on a musical journey. On January 31, 1981 at 6:30 pm, Justin Randall Timberlake was born. In 1992, at the age of 11, he appeared on Star Search ... and lost (can you believe that?). A year later, he became a member of the Mickey Mouse club. His big break came in 1995, when, at the age of 14, he and 4 other boys (literally) launched the band called N'Sync. The rest, as they say, is history. Those other 4 boys were probably quite sad when in 2002, Justin went solo. He is now on tour with his 2nd solo album.

On Sept. 5, Bren and I went and saw this young man in concert. Yes, we admit it and we're not embarrassed. At least I'm not. You'll have to ask Bren yourself. :)

Anyways, shputzing aside, JT put on a great show. Much dancing ... by himself as well as his back up dancers ... as well as some really great singing. Yes, he can actually sing! Again, I took quite a few pictures, so I had to make them all into collages. He's always dancing, that guy, so most of my pictures turned out a little blurry.



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting






Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


As great as the concert was, I did have one complaint (ok, maybe 2). The first one you can see in this next picture. He had this screen that came down that had it's cool moments, but mostly it was just in the way! I wouldn't have minded if it came down for his slower songs, but when he was dancing around, I want to be able to see him! Anyways, that and the fact that Timbaland did a 20 minute concert in the middle of JT's concert were my only complaints.

These next pictures are what the screen was good for. Our seats were pretty far away ... 8th row in the balcony to be exact, and so when they projected Justin close up on the screens, I was happy they were there. Cute smile, hey? :) Yes, I know he's only 26. I'm just admiring, alright? :P

For those of you who don't follow his music, the title of this post is because one of his more popular songs is called "Bringin' Sexy Back." :)
So, after 2 and a half hours (that's quite long for a concert ... although Timbaland took 20 of those minutes) and after his encore, he took one final bow ...
Jumped up on the piano, gave a wave to the crowd ... and he was gone.


Come back soon, Justin!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Glad you got to see Justin bring sexy back! And I love that you used the word 'shputzing'!! :)

And I think Blogger is letting me leave a comment on your blog...i better send this quick before it changes it's mind.....

Anonymous said...

Ok, you definitely shouldn't be embarrassed for going to a JT concert and loving it. For goodness sake...I went to 2 New Kids concert back in the day and I don't care who knows it! (And for the record, if they ever did a reunion tour I'd be the first person in line for tickets.)

And I'd like to thank you for always taking little snippets of video for all of us bloggers to enjoy. It makes me feel like I was there. :)