Thursday, February 16, 2012

V-day cupcakes

When Danielle told me she needed 48 cupcakes for her class for Valentine's Day, I thought that sounded like a lot, but I told her we'd give it a try. I'd seen a great idea on Pinterest to make cupcakes into heart shapes ... I couldn't find a marble like they suggested, but their 2nd suggestion was to crumple up tin foil and put it between the tray and the paper liner.

We separated the batter into 3 bowls, left one bowl white, poured a little bit of red food colouring into another one to make pink and the last one we poured double the amount of food colouring in to make red. Then we started drizzling away in all the liners to make multi coloured cupcakes. I thought it would be fun to have a dab of colour in the middle and by accident, one looked like a heart, so from then on, I purposely drizzled a heart in the middle. Here's to hoping it would work!

Well, it took us quite some time, but we managed to make 48 cupcakes. We had just enough time to clean up while ...


the last batch was in the oven.


We were VERY pleased with how they turned out. I haven't seen her since she took them to class on Tuesday, but I'm hoping they were a hit.


My Valentine's gift this year was quite heavenly. While out for a walk that night, I saw this:



That was definitely gift enough for me. Stunning.

No comments: