Sunday, September 09, 2007

Daughtry

So, I went to the Daughtry concert. Who's Daughtry, you might be asking yourself? Let me take you back to Season 5 on American Idol. This was the Top 4.

Taylor Hicks, Elliot Yamin, (Ryan Seacrest - host) Chris Daughtry and Katherine McPhee

Then Taylor and Elliot were told they were safe when CLEARLY Chris and Katherine were the better singers. I hate when the voters don't get it right.

This time Ryan didn't draaaaag things out like he usually does. He just ripped the band-aid off and said, "Chris, you're going home." By the looks on both of their faces above, I think they were shocked.

I had to add this picture, too, because they both looked so surprised. This is how I felt as well. He came in 4th!!!??? He's too good for that show anyway. :)

So, now that you know who Daughtry is, here's how the concert went. Brenda, Lori and myself decided to stay overnight, so we went downtown early, settled into our a hotel room and then hit Robson Street. Much shopping ensued. Somewhere about half way down Robson Street, Carmen and Karen joined us. We continued to shop, then went back to the hotel and got ready for the big night.
As we were getting ready, this little visitor showed up at our window.
He was much entertainment for awhile and he fast became our friend so we felt we should share a little food with him.


Then his friends showed up and it became a bit of a gong show, so we shooed them away and finished getting ready.

Group shot before the concert.

The concert was at The Commodore which is quite a small venue, so it was nice and intimate. As soon as he came on stage we went up to the front and pretty much didn't leave the side of the stage. The only person in front of us was the security guard, so we had a pretty good view. I took QUITE a few pictures, so rather than bore you with all of them, I made a collage.
Here are two of his most popular songs. I know this style of music isn't for everyone, but the lyrics aren't about sleeping with a million women and violence, so that's a change for rock and roll. I really do love the whole CD.




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


Group shot during the concert.
This one I couldn't put in the collage because I wanted you to see just how close we were. Yes, close enough to touch him ... which I did. :)

And one last group shot after the concert. Yeah, we're such rockers!!! Ha ha! What a GREAT night!!! I'd do it again in a heart beat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just can't believe what great pictures you got! What an awesome concert! And may I just say, you gals looked HAWT!

Nancy Skeels said...

A bunch of cool chicks ... I can't believe how up close and personal you got. You didn't win those tickets, did ya? I can't wait to hear how the JT concert was too.

Keri's Collage... said...

How fun! Looks like you all had a blast!