Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Greater Vancouver Zoo

A couple of weeks ago when the weather was still nice, my friends Rachel and Mark invited me to go along with them and their boys to the Greater Vancouver Zoo. We had a WONDERFUL day. I hadn't been to this zoo in about 15 years (I think). It hasn't changed much, but it's always fun to see "wild" animals up close and personal. The pictures pretty much speak for themselves.



I have never seen kids so excited to see a train. It was very cute to watch them every time the train came by us.

We took a little time out to go play at the playground.

My co-worker (top right) volunteers at the zoo and made sure we stopped by to see the Birds of Prey show. We were pleasantly surprised. I didn't think it would be as cool as it was.

Afterwards, my co-worker took some pictures of us holding the falcon ... or hawk ... not quite sure what it was, but it was cool. Dillon held the bird no problem, then Aiden had to flex his right arm to keep the bird up and then poor Jake had to have Mom help because the bird was a little too heavy. Very cute.

This next picture was my FAVORITE picture of the day.

I think she needs a new dentist and maybe some conditioner for her hair. I found out later that her name is Lips. Funny!

2 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

lips is so cute.
When I was super pregnant I had my picture taken beside the hippo. I wonder if its the same one.

Nancy Skeels said...

Hot Lips Houlihan (I don't know why my mind went to Mash just from Lips) ... that's the best shot. So much fun to see the zoo from a kid's perspective, don't you love how excited they get? Those boys are great.