Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Christmas Eve

I don't really remember what we did in the morning of the 24th. Probably slept in, went to the pool, maybe did some shopping and some reading ... I honestly don't remember. I do remember that around 5ish we went down to the beach, though. We stopped for supper at an outdoor eatery.

This is not my normal choice of food, but I ate it ... and ... it was ... alright. I admit it's not terrible, but it's still not my favorite. Craig wanted to get some family pictures, so we headed to the beach.

Here we watched people horseback riding, parasailing (yes, if you look closely, that guy is dressed like Santa in silk pajamas), we dipped our toes in the water, Jackson built a castle, Sydney text messaged like any good teenager and then we took some family pictures. Oh dear, that guy's not family. How did that get in there? Ok, I'll just sum it up by saying we enjoyed looking at God's creation today. ;)

I don't know if I've told you, but my sister and her family are leaving Malaysia. They feel God calling them on to the next stage in their lives. They don't know exactly what that entails yet, so they are living by faith right now. They have given their notice at the church and will be leaving in June or July. I told them they should use this picture (above) on their last prayer letter. I'm excited for them to see where God leads them next. Of course I would love for them to come back to Canada, but if not, then I'll just have to travel some more. Oh darn!

After our time on the beach we went to Jode & Craig's friends home. They are "lovely" (that one's for you, Jode) people and we had a great time playing games, eating and fellowshipping (is that word?).
All in all, a wonderful Christmas Eve. It was a bit hard to believe it was the Christmas season when it was so warm outside, but I got used to it. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its fun to relive it all again through your eyes Fion. It was all LOVELY. I'm so glad you could be with us. It sucks that our skype connection was so bad today but I had to work and I did so that's good. Great pics and great story telling. Jodi

Leana said...

Welcome to my world of warm Christmas. Great pics and fun to hear about your trip.

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine spending Christmas in a warm location, but if all goes well, I'll get some firsthand experience this Christmas.

Joy said...

Enjoying God's "creation" huh? I like to call it "creation appreciation". ;)
Your photos are once again, fabulous! Now when am I gonna see ones of when you come here to Camden???? :)