Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Wonderful Saturday

Last Saturday I went to pick Rachel up for our pedicures and she dressed her 3 boys up in their suits and they brought me flowers because I'll be away for my birthday. So cute and I TOTALLY wasn't expecting that. It was a wonderful suprise. Thanks, Rae!

Getting pampered is the best, isn't it?



Our view from our chairs. Utopia Academy is a great, cheap alternative to some of those insanely expensive spas. No, I'm not getting paid to say that.

Aaaaaahhhh, the parafin wax.

I opted for the French Pedicure.

That evening I went and met with some blogger buddies. I had known Keri and Kori from when I was in Grade 8, but only because they lived down the street from me. We weren't smart enough to hang out back then. :) Rachel I've known from church for many years. We were in the same Sunday School class (oh the things she remembers me writing on the black boards), but again, didn't really hang out. It was so nice to chat with these beauiful ladies and get to know them better. We arrived at a local eatery around 6:30 and by 10:30 we decided to call it quits and meet up again another day.
Here's Rachel and Keri.

And Jennie and Kori.
One of my usual meals at Earl's. Chicken Quesadillas with fries and parm dip. If you've never had the parm dip, you must try it next time you're there. It does cost 50 cents, but it's SO worth it. Dip away, my friends.

Rachel and I shared this wonderful dessert. They had some fancy name for it but it was pretty much a warm, gooey brownie with caramel sauce and ice cream. It was REALLY good!

Keri had the Carmelized Lemon Brule and ...

Jennie had the Raspberry Sundae.

We had so much fun and told lots of great "get to know me" stories. Jennie told one that I really can't share here, but here are the reactions.



Then Keri had her own story and Jennie was the one to react this time.
Thanks for joining us, ladies. We'll have to do it again soon! Unless of course that dream I had comes true while I'm in Greece and then you'll have to come visit me there!!!

Well everyone, that's it for me for the next month and a bit. I'll be off exploring the Mediterranean, so I'll see you at the end of summer!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Those 'reaction' shots are hilarious! I'm sure there are plenty more stories of shock and horror to share! LOL!!!!

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Great pictures of you and your friends!
And isn't it amazing how having pretty toes makes a girl feel sparkly new all over? Pretty and ready for fun.

Lovella ♥ said...

How absolutely wonderful. . I'm so glad you all are friends anew. . oh and do have a wonderful time in greece Fiona.
You girls are all so beautiful ..amazing.
oh funny my word verification is t peed. . don't do that to my house girls. . .snicker.