Friday, October 23, 2009

Tofino!

I was reading a friends blog and she said that a blog post without pictures isn't much fun and I realized that I've been a bit of a downer lately. All serious and stuff. I was having a hard time wanting to write about fun stuff even though I was still going out and doing fun stuff. Then again, I kept thinking that most of my readers are on Face.book and would see the pics I'd posted there, so why would they want to see them again? Anyway, I'm over that, and here are some new posts ... with pics. ;)

I don't know if you've ever been to Tofino, but if you haven't, you should go! It's BEAUTIFUL there. I was in awe practically at every turn. It is a bit of a jaunt to get there and not so cheap, but worth it in the end. A couple of my friends wanted to go surfing and there's a school there called Surf Sister's, so my friends signed up and another friend and I agreed to be their photographers.

On the way we stopped at the Enchanted Forest. Ok, I don't really know what it's called ... some Provincial Park, I'm sure ... but it was SO cool and the trees were MASSIVE!

After an 8 (or was it 9) hour journey, we went for supper, settled in for the night and prepared for an early start. The first day was quite foggy and looked QUITE chilly, but they still looked like they had fun. The 2nd day was much better. Way to go, ladies!

It actually looked very cool and if we ever go again, I may have to join them ... only in the 3 foot deep water, though ... none of this super deep stuff for me.
On the first day when it got really foggy and Lori and I decided we'd taken enough pictures (plus we were starting to freeze so we needed to move around to stay warm), we wandered off and took a few pics of our own ... of scenery ... of ourselves ... of sea life ...
of ... oops, how'd that picture get in there? ;) Hey, like I said, we took pics of the scenery. Nothin' wrong with that, right? :)

We did have a bit of down time after their first day of surfing so we went to explore the beach. Of course as soon as they got in from surfing, the clouds lifted and it was sunny and warm.

There are some spectacular sunsets in Tofino.

Like I said, I would highly recommend it. 2 nights wasn't enough. I'd say to stay at least for 3 nights ... and don't forget your camera. Photo ops everywhere. Like this amazing spot we found on the way there but decided to stop on the way home.

Here's the poem I left in the guest book at our condo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A couple of things:

1. It's called Cathedral Provincial Park. The Enchanted Forest is actually kind of near my neck of the woods. Oh, and I've been through Cathedral Park and agree. It's amazing!

2. Terrific poem. Only at first I thought the 4th verse said, "The beers were a problem" and I was wondering what was wrong with the beers until I reread it and saw that it said "bees".

Ali said...

Wow! It looks like you had a blast. What a beautiful place. I've never been...but you have definitely got me thinking :) Hope you are doing well Fiona. I know from your last post that it sounded like you were going through some difficult stuff. Just know that I'm praying for you and thinking about you. Take Care.
By the way, have fun at the U2 concert...I'm jealous. I had wanted to go, but being one week away from delivery, decided it best not to :)

Fiona said...

Thanks Ali. Appreciate all the prayers I can get. :) I think you should've gone to the concert and then could tell him/her one day that U2 made you go into labour. haha!