Saturday, October 24, 2009

Catching up in pictures

Back in August, I went up to Whistler with some friends of mine from the States. I met Missy in 1992 on a missions trip we went on to the Ukraine. I've seen her a few times since then and even stopped at her place in Minneapolis when I drove across country a few years back, but we've always kept in touch via email or Christmas letters. They had just finished a cruise down from Alaska and asked if we could go see the Olympic sites. Since I hadn't been up there since all the construction started, I thought that was a great idea. It was fun to spend the day with her, Wendy and Tyler and to catch up again.

In September I got tattoo #5. You should be able to see it a little better if you click on the picture. It says "Freedom in Christ" in Hebrew. When I told my new supervisor that I was going to make an appointment, she told me that she'd always wanted one as well. I told her to come along and see what it's all about. I'm proud to say I've made another convert. We're bonded for life now, Meena. :)

Back in July I had been talking with some co-workers about going paragliding. Well, in September we made that dream come alive and here are a few pics. I went last so these pics are all of my friends.

Here are the pics of my journey. It was very peaceful and calm. Running off the edge of a mountain wasn't scary at all. You won't believe me until you try it. And you should. It's great fun, but honestly, I think next time I'll go parachuting because this wasn't enough of a rush for me. Loved it and am glad I can say I've done it, but didn't get my heart pumping like I thought it would.

After the paragliding day, I had zoom envy of my friend Jas' camera. She got SO close up in some of her shots that I had to go out and buy myself a new camera. Since I've loved most of the shots my camera has taken, I decided to stay with So.ny, but just a newer model with a better zoom. I debated about going hi-tech, but I always have my camera on me so I wasn't ready to be lugging something big around with me all the time. I went with So.ny DSC H20 and here are some of my first shots.

My friends dog, Aggie, had puppies on my birthday this year. I felt like we were kindred spirits. They went camping a couple of times this summer so I was privileged enough to get to look after these sweet little creatures ... and of course had to take a million pics.

Also went to the MCC Sale this year and enjoyed some good, ol' Mennonite favorites like Farmer sausage and Vereniki and Rollkuken. YUMMMMMY!

I started this post with a reunion with an old friend and I'm going to end it the same way. Tiffany was also on the same trip in '92 where I met Missy. Tiff only lives an hour and a half away so I've seen her quite a few more times and still love her friendship. She is one of the sweetest, caring people I know and I'm happy to call her my friend. Thanks for putting up with me for an extra night, Tiff! Can't wait to see you again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics Fiona! I really want to upgrade my camera too to one with better zoom.

Tiff said...

Awesome Pics, and so good to see Missy again! We have your room ready any time you need to flee the country in the mini coop. Have a blast in Argentina dear Friend!

Nancy Skeels said...

Great pictures, Fiona! Don't you love having a new toy? Just in time for your big trip. Hope Argentina is wonderful! Enjoy your time away.