Monday, August 29, 2011

Pray

I had iTunes on shuffle tonight and this song by Kendall Payne came on and I thought of you all. It may sound like a backhanded prayer, but it's actually quite great. And if you hear her sing it, it sounds like a benediction. It's really beautiful. Here's my prayer for all of you and I'd ask that you would say these prayers for me:

I will pray for you now
For you have been my faithful friends
While the road we walk is difficult indeed
I could not ask for more
Than what you've already been
Only that you would say these prayers for me

May your heart break enough
That compassion enters in
May your strength all be spent upon the weak
All the castles and crowns you build
And place upon your head
May they all fall, come crashing down
Around your feet

May you find every step
To be harder than the last
So you character grows
Greater each stride
May your company be
Of humble insignificance
May your weakness be your
only source of pride

What you do unto others
May it all be done to you
May you meet the One who made us
And see Him smile when life is through
May your blessings be many
But not what you'd hope they'd be
When you look upon the broken
May mercy show you
What you could not see

May you never be sure
Of any plan you desire
But you'd learn to truth the plan
He has for you
May your passions be tried and
Tested in the holy fire
May you fight with all your life
For what is true

I have prayed for you now
All of my dear and faithful friends
But what I wish is more
Than I could ever speak
As the way wanders on
I'll long to see you once again
Until then, would you say
These prayers for me?
Oh that you would pray for me

No comments: