Thursday, October 04, 2007

Mmmm, Mmmm, Good ... Answer Revealed

And the answer is .... ANTON'S PASTA BAR in Burnaby. I was waiting for my friend Leana to put up a comment on my last post because she and I had the funniest experience going to Anton's in the winter one year. It was just after Christmas and we dropped a friend off at the airport and then decided to pick up Anton's and take it home. Now, if you know where Anton's is (just up the street from the PNE grounds on Hastings - East of Hwy #1, but before Willingdon), the airport is NOT a hop, skip and a jump from Anton's, but that's how good this food is. It's worth the trip on a cold, blustery, snowy night. So, after dropping off our friend, we went to I.Ke.a and made a few purchases ... ok, more than a few. I couldn't even see out the back window of my Jeep there was so much stuff in there (I believe one was a chair if that makes it any better). Then we proceed to pick up our Anton's take out (be warned, the take out portion is never as big as when you eat in) and drive home. Well, just before the Mt. Lehman exit, I hit an icy patch of road and spin around a few times and we end up in the ditch. Leana was holding the Anton's and the first thing she says to me is, "The Anton's is ok!" Who cares about all the purchases we made a I.K.ea ... as long as the Anton's is ok. Again, that's how good this pasta is.

They pretty much give you about 3 pounds of pasta so you have leftovers for days to come. I have a group of guy friends who have bets who can eat it all and keep it down ... but most of them can't do it or pull over on the way home because they can't keep it down. Ok, I know that's gross, but they're guys. What can I say?

So, who's in for a trip to Anton's? If you go on a Friday or Saturday night, be prepared to stand in line outside for at least 20 - 30 minutes (I've stood in line for as long as 50 minutes). Bring an umbrella if it's raining and dress warm ... but it's worth the wait. ENJOY!!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm off to Alberta to spend some time with family and get my first turkey dinner in years! Whoo Hoo! Have a great weekend.

7 comments:

Dickie Chick said...

Yum yum yum!!!
I love Antons!! Only been there once but I still think about the food and crave to go there. Ok, your making me hungry. Well, I guess it is supper time right now. Maybe they would deliver to CHWK! heehee!

Kori's House said...

Why have I never heard of this place?!?!

Anonymous said...

So fun. Would love to make a trip with you to Anton´s. Hopefully next trip. Have a great time with your fam for thanksgiving. They don´t celebrate it here but Monday is Cristina´s birthday so that will be fun. Her first one with us. Have some turkey for me. Love you friend.

Rachel said...

It sounds wonderful. My interest is piqued! Gotta check it out!

Lovella ♥ said...

Okay, thanks for the tip to go to Antons. We've never been and now I feel like I've been missing out.

I love the story. The visuals were just great.

Have a fantastic time with your family. Happy Thanksgiving.

villagegirl said...

Of course! I haven't been there in years I'd nearly forgotten about it! You are very right about the boys eating to much and trying not to puke. So ridiculous.
I am totally drooling. So worth the wait to get in.

Nancy Skeels said...

How was Thanksgiving? Hope the turkey rated just as high as your Anton's special ... really, apples and oranges, you can't really compare, but I hope you enjoyed it equally as much.