Friday, November 20, 2009

Thanksgiving

I forgot to publish this post about Thanksgiving, so although it's a little late, maybe I'll pretend I'm American and then I'd be early! :)

Our friends, Norm and Lori invited us up to their condo in Osoyoos to spend Thanksgiving with them. We had a wonderful time.

We went for a walk one morning and saw the frozen orchards. Although strange, it was really quite beautiful.
Here they are preparing the turkey. Once it was prepared and marinating, we headed out to one of the nearby vineyards.

One night we went to the Blasted Church vineyard for live music, wine and lots of fun.

If you know me at all, you know that I've got a fear of water, but I overcame it yet again and went out kayaking. It was GREAT!

Look at me!!! :)

Deep frying the turkey.

It was a wonderful weekend away. Thanks for the invite, Norm & Lori. Can't wait until next time. Hint, hint. ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect Thanksgiving. That turkey looks SO scrumptious!

Keri's Collage... said...

What a great weekend!
I have always wanted to go visit a vineyard! Looks like a lot of fun!
Deep fried turkey? Delish!

Kori's House said...

What a cool Thanksgiving. Very cool pictures in the vineyard!

Nancy Skeels said...

Your pictures are gorgeous. Love the frozen orchard and the lake shots ... does that mean the water would've been freezing cold? Deep-fried turkey - sounds amazing! Can't wait to hear about your adventures in Argentina too. Glad you're back safely.