Sunday, December 20, 2009

My week in Victoria, AR

The next morning we walked around a bit more and then Lea and I hopped on a bus bound for her place so I could meet her two little girlies. It was a 4 hour bus ride and I wanted to see some of the landscape, however, after 15 minutes of looking pretty much the same as Sask.atchewan, I took a little nap. I was jealous of Lea would doesn't get sick while reading and driving so I listened to my i.Pod. When it got too dark for her to read, we shared my i.Pod and listened to Dane Co.ok and laughed so hard I'm sure the people around us were wondering what the heck we were laughing at. Oh well, we had fun. :)

We got to her town, Victoria, quite late so the girls were already asleep. I visited for awhile with Doug, Lea's hubby, seeing as he was leaving in the morning to go on a speaking engagement for a week.

I wasn't awake when the girls went to school (hey, I'm on vacation, ok?) so I went with Lea to pick them up from school. Salome played a bit shy at first but Cristina was my buddy right from the get go. Soon, Salome warmed up to me and we were all best friends. :)

The only thing that I had to get used to was having supper at 8 pm-ish. After the first day I remembered to snack a little around 5:30 and then I was good to go for the rest of the days. Luckily for me, meat and potatoes is a common meal here so I had no trouble with the food on this trip. :)

The next day we decided to go for a drive so they could show me around town. First, we drove up to the top of the highest hill in town to see the view of the river ... and of course so the girls could pick some flowers.

I just love these pics of the girls. What cute sisters!

Then we decided to go down to the beach at the river.

Awww, what a beautiful Mother and Daugthers picture.

We had lots of fun at the beach ... playing in the sand, looking at the gorgeous scenery ...

and watching Abby chase the birds ...

until I started getting bit by mosquitos, so it was time to head home ... but not before I got my pic taken with these beauties.

Then, it was time to go get some ice cream. That would be dulce de leche on the top and bubble gum on the bottom. Yum-my! The start of my dulce de leche feast began that day.

Next we took Salome to her tennis lesson (I love the pic first pic of her on her tippy toes - she's really working for it!). So cute.

And we took Cristina to her ballet lesson. How adorable is this?

The next day while we were waiting for the girls to finish school (they go from 8 am - 12 pm), we drove around town, picked up some groceries (ham & cheese empanadas are yummy) and Lea took me to this monument of the virgin. I was going to go stand beside it and entitle it "The Two Virgins" but I decided against it. ;)

I just LOOOOOVE the purple trees. So pretty!

This is a picture of the school the girls go to. Next year it will celebrate it's 200th birthday. Cool building, hey?

We picked up some YUMMY treats for dessert after lunch. I believe almost all of them have dulce de leche in them.

That night we went to the town square and walked around for a bit.


I just love this picture of the girls. You can see the mischievousness in Salome's face in this one. hee hee

The church in the square at night.

Lea took me to a lot of shops around the square and I did a TON of shopping. Much jewellery and souvenirs were picked up on this day. I kept saying to Lea, "Stop taking me into such great shops! Danger, danger!" :)

When I was finally done shopping, we went for scrumptious foot long hot dogs for supper.

That night after the girls had gone to bed, I got showed Leana where to find Gl.ee online and now her AND Doug are hooked! :) We're all Gleeks at hearts, aren't we?

Didn't do much the next day except that Leana made me a roast for lunch (lunch is their big meal of the day) and it was SUPER yummy! Thanks, Lea!

This picture SOOOOO emcapsulates little Salome. Funny, with some fire in her. Love this face! I could just pinch those cheeks!

The next day Leana took me into Rosario, however, I'll save that post for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea Argentina was so beautiful! Wow!

And such adorable daughters your friend has. They look like they would be so much fun to hang out with.

I could totally go for that foot long hotdog right now. I'm going to be craving one. Thanks for that. ;p