Monday, April 05, 2010

Ellen's Day at the Olympics ... and a little about me.

Our 3rd day at the Olympics actually included an Olympic event. Thanks to my friend, Steve, who got tickets to a men's hockey game through the lottery, he sold them to us and off we went. We realized that everyone was obeying the "please don't drive downtown" rule, therefore, there was no traffic on the roads and we drove right downtown from Abbotsford in 50 minutes. Sweet! Parking right under Pacifi.c Cent.re was great because we didn't have to lug all our jackets around with us if it started off warm and got colder in the evening. Brilliant, I tell you. Brilliant.


This collage shows a lot of the patriotism displayed on store windows and even on the outside of store or office buildings. It was really neat to see. The bottom couple of pictures are of Robson Square and the zip line. I hope the 7 hour wait was worth it ... I'm not joking. The line was up to a 7 hour wait ... yes, it was free, but I can't imagine waiting in line that long for anything (oh, I guess I've done that for U2, but that's different!).

Ellen wanted to come along again as well, however, she asked if I could take more than just her head this time, so I made her a little body (complete with red mittens).

Here she is with Quatchi ...

and Miga.
When we went to the official Olympic store, she wanted to hang out in the syrup. Side note: when I sent these pictures to her, I told her that I hope she got her fill and if she needed more, just let me know and I'd be happy to deliver some more to her ... I haven't heard from her yet.

I figured she might be a little lonely, so I took her over to the USA apparel.

Then we went to the Ca.ctus Club and watched the Canada vs. Germany game that was on before the game we had tickets to.

She told me that the gloves I made her weren't good enough, so she wanted to try mine.

Then she tried to steal my ticket ... but when I reassured her that I'd be able to sneak her into Canada Hockey House in my purse, she gave it back.

Don 't ask how she ate with those mittens on. It wasn't pretty.

Aaaah, the official ticket of the 2010 games. One for my scrapbook.

Ellen and I at the game. They were really good seats. Thanks Steve!

Ellen wanted to get a little closer to the action (this picture actually made it onto her website).

The girls at the game. I think Karen was off taking pictures at this point so I didn't get a pic with her in it. Sorry, Karen.
Do you remember these 4 announcers when you were watching the games on TV? Here's what they looked like from the back ... 'cause I know you were wondering.

Love this.

And then there was the game itself. It was Norway vs. Slovakia. It started off looking like Slovakia was going to dominate the whole game, but Norway game out in the 2nd period and really turned it on. This one guy had a pretty bad fall where his helmet went flying off and his head bashed against the ice. They took him off on a stretcher and see the picture of the guys in blue with scrapers? That's them scraping the blood off the ice. Ick!

The end result was 4 - 3 for Slovakia who Canada had to play later on in the series ... luckily beating them. It was yet another fun day at the Olympics.

2 comments:

Keri's Collage... said...

You rock!

Anonymous said...

Great recap! So nice of you to include Ellen in your adventures. :)