Monday, January 17, 2011

Movie Monday

I'm no movie critic, but I do loooooove movies. On Mondays, I'm going to give you my opinions on movies ... some old, some new, some indy, some blockbusters. Take it as you will. I just loooove movies. Did I mention that already? :)

The first movie I'm going to tell you about is from 2000 and it stars Guy Pearce. It's called:

Memento



I was just telling my sister about this movie over Christmas and it's really made me want to see it again. Here's the general synopsis:

A man, suffering from short-term memory loss, uses notes and tattoos to hunt
for the man he thinks killed his wife.

Sound interesting? How about if I tell you they play the story backwards? I don't want to give too much away, but this movie had so many twists and turns and kept me so intrigued that after I watched it, I rewound (hey, it was VCR days) and watched it all over again. Someone I told about the movie did the exact same thing ... so maybe have about 4 hours of time blocked off if you watch it because when you get to the end and kind of figure things out, you'll want to watch it all over again knowing what you know. It's been awhile since I've seen it, so I can't remember how violent the film is or how much swearing is in it, so don't count on me for that aspect. Just know that it is rated R, so... Also know that you have to be in a mood to think and be challenged. Guy Pearce (The Count of Monte Cristo, L.A. Confidential, The King's Speech) did an amazing job.

Here's a cool quote from the movie:

"Memory can change the shape of a room; it can change the color of a car. And
memories can be distorted. They're just an interpretation, they're not a record,
and they're irrelevant if you have the facts."

That's all I'm really going to say about this movie because I don't want to give too much away. Let me know if you watch it and what your thoughts are ... good, bad or indifferent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...sounds intriguing. I may have to check it out!

villagegirl said...

That does sound very interesting!
I love movies with good twists.