Monday, January 24, 2011

Movie Monday

Today's movie review is on a 1994 movie called Leon: The Professional (or just The Professional)



Professional assassin Leon reluctantly takes care of 12-year-old Mathilda, a neighbor whose parents are killed, and teaches her his trade.
Now, remember that this movie came out in 1994 so it's been awhile since I've seen it, but after my friend and I saw Black Swan the other night (whoa, that's a whole other review waiting to happen - all I'll say for now is that if you're interested and curious, wait until it comes out on DVD so you can fast forward through some parts that are REALLY not needed!), she asked me what other movies Natalie Portman's been in. I remembered a few but when I looked her up on IMDB, The Professional popped up and I remembered that I really liked this movie. It does have a lot of violence in it, so be prewarned ... it is about an assassin, after all. I remember thinking that "the kid" did a great job and it was fun to watch their relationship grow ... if memory serves correctly, there may be a few times that it seems like a "weird" relationship, but it doesn't take that turn ... otherwise I wouldn't have liked it. It shows New York in a cool light and since I love NYC, that's always a good thing to me.
Ok, I promise my next review will be a bit more of this day and age. :)

No comments: