Tuesday, January 16, 2007

What Have I Gotten Myself Into?


Last night someone bound and gagged me and forced me to sign up for … the Sun Run!!! Ok, I wasn’t bound and gagged and I wasn't necessarily forced, but I went to the registration, asked a lot of questions and eventually got talked into it (hey, you get 2 free shirts!). There’s no turning back now. Money has exchanged hands and some of my co-workers and friends have signed up, so I’m committed. Am I crazy? I’ve never run 10 km before. When I was in better shape last year I could run 5 km, but I’ve never pushed myself to do 10 km. Thursday night is our first training session. Here’s to hoping the instructor doesn’t laugh wildly when he/she sees me and says, “Yeah, right!”

3 comments:

Jennie said...

You go Girl!! The kids and I will be there to cheer you on...I will even drive in Vancouver to get there to watch you! Can't wait! :)

Anonymous said...

I personally don't think you're crazy, if so I am right there with you!
Carmen

onedayatatime said...

That's awesome!!!!!!! I'll keep you in my prayers.