Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Well, I'm back

God has an interesting sense of humour.

He took me from this ...

and I woke up to this yesterday morning!



A bit of a shock to my senses after being in such heat for 4 weeks.

I know I'm really far behind on my blogging, but it was hard to sit and blog when I had nieces and nephews to play with and my sister to hang out with. I am organizing my pictures and will update soon.

Back to work tomorrow ... well, in about 3 hours actually. I went to bed 6 hours ago and woke up an hour and a half later. I tried to fall back to sleep for 2 hours but it was useless. My body and mind were thinking it was 7 at night, so I couldn't sleep and I started working on my pictures. So, I'll go to work with an hour and a half sleep and see how that works out for me. Remember me talking about how crappy my job's been lately? Well, in the 4 weeks that I've been gone, 4 people have left my office and one of those even took a demotion to get out. More proof of how bad the morale is in the office, so needless to say, I'm not really looking forward to tomorrow. 3 days after I had set out on my trip, I got an email from work about a decision they wanted me to make so unfortunately, it didn't totally leave my mind.

The Good News is that I know God is loving and has a plan for me. If that plan includes being in this work environment, then I know He has some reason for it. I will try to stop complaining and try to be proactive in getting changes made in the office if that's a possibility. God only wants what's best for me. I need to focus on that.

Sorry, went off on a little tangent there. I will try to post about my awesome trip very soon. I did get to relax a lot and I did feel the stress of work almost completely leave my brain, so that was great. My sister and her family were awesome and I can't wait to share more with you about my trip.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you're back safe & sound. Even if you had to come back to full-on winter. I can't wait to see all of your pictures and hear about your adventures.

Nancy Skeels said...

Yay, you're back! Can't wait to hear all about it. Good luck with work.

Rachel said...

What a gorgeous beach! Looking forward to seeing many more photos and hearing the stories to go with them!

Leana said...

Glad you had a good trip. Doug's parents arrived yesterday. Thanks so much for the book!! I can't wait to read it. Blessings as you head back to work.

Lovella ♥ said...

Welcome home Fiona. Can't wait to hear all about your adventures.
I hope that work is going to be Ok. Maybe it's a good thing if you fall asleep through part of the day.

Dwain and Lori said...

Welcome home! I'm sorta glad now that it didn't work out for me to fill in for you last year when you were going to go to Malaysia. Doesn't sound to good there. A friend at my old work location says my old office is the same as yours. Counting my blessings I'm home with my kids that's for sure. Come on down for a visit soon! Lily has changed alot! She's 2 months old already and has been asking for Miss Fiona! Hee hee! I often call her Miss Lily and think of you often then.

Anonymous said...

Hey Fiona, so we had our neighbors over for dinner the other night and turns out she has applied for the same job you do I think. She has had an interview and is doing some"testing". Just wondering if you're still doing the corrections work and office work stuff? I forget the actual technical term for your job. Anyhoo, our neighbor is very nice so I hope that she would be a great co-worker for yah :) You must be in shock from that heat to this coldness. crazy times!!@ Love Sheryl (& Josh)

Jennie said...

Why is your comment box is German?? Maybe it's just on mine but it says...Jennie hat gesagt...I feel like I'm back in Steinbach.

Kori's House said...

Welcome home... looking forward to stories and pictures :)

villagegirl said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear more about it. And pictures, LOTS of pictures please. :)

Anonymous said...

Funny Fion,
Right after you left we really got into our HOT DRY SEASON. Wake up every day to beautiful blue skies and temp ranging from 30-40 ABOVE. I've hung out at our pool more now after you helped me see I should apprecaite it more. Crazy winter weather. I can't imagine. Your sis,
Jodi