Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Always be camera ready

We rejoin our main character, Fiona, as she gets ready to go out for her last birthday celebration.

Plans were going to have to be changed as everyone was supposed to meet downtown and either go hang out at the beach or take a walk around the seawall, then go for a late lunch or supper, but unfortunately, it was now raining. Text messages where sent and phone calls were made and plans were changed to go to Cactus Club in Coquitlam. Fiona was thinking that it was great to see everyone as there were a few of them she hadn't even seen over the summer. They had a great time catching up, eating the delicious food, taking a couple of pictures ...




and then ...

As they were sitting there chatting after paying their bill, Fiona looked up towards the doorway and saw this guy walk in. She thought, "He looks like Michael Bublé … I think it IS Michael Bublé, IT IS MICHAEL BUBLE!!!" Once she was sure, she said out loud to her friends, "You guys, that's Michael Bublé over there." One of her friends whipped her head around (not thinking that he was close enough to see her do that, but really he was only about 10 feet away), he looked right at her and she said, "Sorry. We love you." He said back to her, "I love you, too" waved at their table and then came over and high fived the same friend on his way over to be seated at his table. So cute!

They all sat and giggled at their table for another 3 minutes or so and then Fiona said, "Ok, I'm going to get my picture taken with him." All her friends looked at her and said, "WHAT?" "Yup," she said, "I always live with regrets after situations like this and I'm not going to do it this time. Who's going to take the picture for me?"

Only 1 friend stepped up and said she'd do it, so she walked over to him and said, "Hi, I'm the one who spotted you over there and it's my birthday. Would I be able to get my picture with you?"

He looked at her with a big smile and said, "Sure!" Fiona looked at the pretty, blonde girl he was with and apologized, but she just smiled and looked totally fine with it. Fiona's friend took the picture and Michael said, "Is it ok?" Isn't that sweet? He cared if it was a good picture and if it wasn't, he really seemed like he would've let her take another one. Anyways, Fiona looks at it and says, "Yeah, it's great. Look." She holds the camera out to him, he leans over and looks at it and says … get this … "Oh yeah. You look HOT!"

Yes, ladies and gentleman, Michael Buble told our little ole main character of Borne To Travel that she looked HOT! Sure, he may know how to work his lady fans by now to keep them hangin' on, but whatever. It totally worked on Fiona! :)

Then, after she finished blushing, Fiona said to him, "I just want to let you know that I saw you at Deer Lake Park a few years ago and" to which Michael interrupts her and said, "Was that you in the front smoking pot?" with a huge smile on his face, so Fiona says, "Yeah!" He grabbed her hand and lifted it in and air and said, "I love it!" haha Little joke between performer and fan (because just in case you were wondering, Fiona WASN'T in the front smoking pot).

Fiona then continued and said, "I just want you to know that I loved your concert. I knew you'd be great musically, but I had no idea that you're so funny. You put on a great show." He said, "Thanks. It's always great to meet the Vancouver fans." Little side note in case you didn't know, he grew up in Burnaby.

Fiona said, "Thanks for the picture," and started walking away and he said, "Happy birthday, kid."

And that is why you should always be camera ready.


In case you're not sure who this gorgeous man is, take a look here and listen to his amazingly smooth voice:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid4020141001?bctid=25335050001

And if anyone still hasn't gotten me a b.day present and is wondering what to get me, I would really love to have the DVD he made of his concert at Maddison Square Garden. :)

8 comments:

Rachel said...

What a great birthday surprise!

Keri's Collage... said...

Way to go Fiona! No regrets!

I love the way you have SNUGGLED RIGHT IN with him in that pic! Priceless!

Anonymous said...

You are my hero Fiona. I would never have had the nerve to ask for a picture. Nicely done!

Oh, and Michael was right...you look HAWT! :)

Marni said...

I'm seeing a 20X24 picture framed in silver over your mantle with that one. :)

villagegirl said...

That is SO great! I have several of his cd's but haven't ever seen him live. I have heard he's quite funny and entertaining.
That's the best birthday treat ever. And he said you're hot! Swoon...

Kori's House said...

That is so awesome! I have the biggest smile after reading your story!

I do hate to admit that I never would have known it was him :)

Happy Birthday Kid!

Dickie Chick said...

What a fantastic story Fiona!! Love it!! Glad your birthday was so great!

Lovella ♥ said...

I love that you did that. .and got the picture . ..and you are beautiful!