Friday, August 07, 2009

New look, new countdowns

So, can anyone tell me the flag that's at the top of my blog? I know one of my readers can for sure ... actually, two, seeing as Jennie sat with me for many hours figuring out my new look on my blog. Thanks Jennie! You're the best! :)

This flag represents the next new country I am going to visit in 82 days from today ... I mentioned it a few posts ago ... ARGENTINA! I'm so excited to go and see my friend, Leana! :) Lea and her hubby, Doug have lived there for about 8 and a half years and probably every year I say to her, "Maybe this will be the year I come and visit." Well, no more dangling it out there. My ticket is bought and I leave the day after the U2 concert so I'll be flying high ... maybe I won't even need the plane to fly me there. ;)

Lea will come meet me in Buenos Aires for a few nights to start off the trip, then we'll go to their place and I'll get to meet their 2 adorable girls. It's so fun to webcam with Lea and see the girls. They come up and say, "Hola, Fiona!" Their English is getting better all the time. I hope to learn a bit more Spanish before going down there, but we'll see if I can fit it in.

I'm not sure what else to do while I'm there, but I'm sure Lea will have some great ideas. If any of my readers out there have been to Argentina before, please let me know of anything that I absolutely shouldn't miss.

I'm also getting myself psyched for the U2 concert. I have a friend who knows all things U2 and he sends me updates all the time about how their tour is going so far and You.Tube clips of "how to get front row seats at a U2 concert." All fun things like that. The anticipation is killing me. It seems so far away. I cannot wait!

Such fun things to look forward to! Let the countdowns begin!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new template!

Boy, you sure do have some exciting stuff to look forward to. Lucky girl. :)

Rachel said...

Is that an insanely long flight?

Fiona said...

Thanks Sonya - I had originally tried to get up a U2 blogger template because that comes before the Argentina trip, but after trying for many hours to find one, and then after finding one, trying for many hours to get it to load and failing and then finally giving up and coming up with this fun, great idea, I'm really happy with it. I must give props to Jennie for sticking with me through it all and not killing me ... or at least punching me. :) Yes, lots of exciting stuff to look forward to!


Rachel, to answer your question:

Vancouver to Toronto = 7 1/2 hours

Layover in Toronto = almost 2 hours

Toronto to Buenos Aires = 14 hours

Buenos Aires - Doug & Leana's house = 4 hours

Total = 27.5 hours (luckily Leana's going to come meet me in Buenos Aires for a few days so I don't have to do the 4 hour trip to her place right away, so technically only 23.5 all in one shot - which is still less than how long it took to get to Greece last year - that one took 42 hours but at least we had a 10 stopover in London to sight see)

Sorry, I know the short answer could've been: It'll take 23.5 hours
But I hadn't figured it out yet and had been meaning to and I like to compare it to my other trips. :)

Thanks for asking! Gets me all excited to start the journey. Almost only 81 days left to go. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice flag!! Wow, I still can't believe you are coming. And I have Doug's parents coming in September so the time will fly. I need to look into what to do in Buenos Aires. We might be going there soon to do paperwork for the girls so I will try to look into things. Lucky for you Argentina is a meat and potatoes country so you will love the food.
Love Lea

Keri's Collage... said...

You have lots of exciting things to look forward to! I am with you on the U2 countdown! It's going to be a fantastic concert! Hey...maybe you will run into 'the boys' at the airport! haha

Kori's House said...

Lovin the new look! It was worth your struggle :)

So cool to have a trip to look forward to!