Monday, August 03, 2009

My Birthday!

Yesterday was my birthday (Happy 37th to me!) and I kind of celebrated all weekend. :) We had originally had other plans for the weekend but they fell through. I'll admit that I was a bit sad at first, but it all turned out great in the end.

Friday night my wonderful friend Rachel had Steve, Brenda and I over for steak and she made yummy peach cobbler for dessert. Now, this wasn't in any way for my birthday, but it was part of my excellent weekend, so I wanted to publicly thank Rachel for yet another wonderful meal and fun times.

Saturday I got to hang out at a friends pool all day and soak up some rays. That was most delightful. :) Then in the evening, Bren, Steve and I headed into Vancouver for the fireworks (that Steve said he had arranged especially for my birthday). Since Steve wouldn't be able to be at my birthday supper the next night, he asked me where I wanted to eat and I chose the yummy place below.

Mmmm, mmmm, mmmmm. If you've never tried Vera's Burgers, they are SO yummy. Their fries are really good as well, but I prefer the onion rings. Delicious! We made our way through the throngs of people and ate on the beach. I was obviously too hungry to remember to take a pic of our food. Sorry!

We asked someone to take our picture and this is the doozy we got. Oh well. It's better than nothing.

We waited for the sun to go down so the fireworks could begin.

It was China's night to perform and they didn't disappoint. They were very good ... can't say they were the best I've ever seen, but very good none the less.

Then afterwards we made our way through the throngs of people again and made the very long drive home (our weekend plans had been to stay in Vancouver so we didn't have to make this drive but the place where we were staying the person decided to come home last minute so it wasn't to be).

Then, the day of my actual birthday, Bren and I took the top off on her convertible and headed down to the States. We stopped at Tar.get and I found some goodies and didn't get dinged at the border, which is always nice.

Came home and got ready to go out to dinner with these lovely ladies.

I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends. I really am. I love each and every one of these girls at this table very much. They all mean so much to me and represent different eras of my life. I'm so glad they're all still around for this era as well. :) Love you girls!

I'm thinking my b.day will last all week, though, because a few of my other friends were out of town this weekend and they've all said they still want to go out with me and I also have a lunch date planned with work friends this week as well. Who am I to say no? ;) Again, very blessed with wonderful people in my life.

Thank you to all who either Facebook'd me, phoned me, emailed me or sent e-cards. You are all treasures in my life.

It was a great day.

Now I'm off to watch my friend jump out of a plane! Have a great BC Day everyone (or Family Day or just a regular Monday to those of you who don't have today off).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So wish I could have been there. Happy birthday again my friend. Love Lea

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a really terrific birthday! Hope you continue to have fun celebrating. :)

Marni said...

if the whole front row had worn black shirts, you could taking a picture to be a rock band!
many happy returns. so glad you have your birthday stretching out over the week.

Nancy Skeels said...

Happy Birthday, Fion!! Don't you love the celebrations that keep on going?!? I hope you continue to enjoy all the festivities! Have a wonderful year ahead.

Rachel said...

Sounds like a pretty great weekend to me!!!

Keri's Collage... said...

Wow! So much fun packed in! Looks like you had a blast with great friends!

Kori's House said...

What a great day!!
Aren't you glad you didn't have to work that day?!?!