Saturday, August 01, 2009

Try, try again

So, I went online to book my trip the other day (going to Argentina to see my friend, Leana) and the prices had gone up from the few days before that I had looked. No problem, I'll just check out a different day. Perfect. There's the cheap price again. I go through the whole process of picking my departing flights, returning flights and putting in all my information and when I hit "purchase" it says that this flight cannot be found. Huh? I get on the phone and call their tech support to which the lady tells me that their website hasn't been updated and those prices are no longer available. I ask her to help me find out which flights do have those prices. She hems and haws for quite awhile and I realize she's going to be no help to me.
I hang up on her (after saying thanks (for nothing) and goodbye) and I try again ... and again ... and again on the website. Choose my flights, put in my information, flight not available. So frustrating. I decide to call back and this time, I get a fellow named Peter. Peter politely asks me what the problem seems to be and goes through it all with me again. After Peter hears my story, what does he say to me?
"Since that price is on the website, I have to honour it."
WHAT? I think I love Peter! Thanks, dude!
Why am I telling you this? Because it's a good reminder that if you don't get what you think you should be getting from the first customer service person, don't be afraid to try again ... although you may end up talking to the same person as before and that can be a little embarrassing.
But yes, back to the even more exciting part. I'm off on another adventure to Argentina!!! I'm not leaving for awhile yet, but you know me ... the countdown will start soon.

Can't wait to see you, Lea and meet those 2 beautiful daughters of yours.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!! So excited. Can't wait to hit Buenos Aires with you. So much fun. The girls can't wait to meet Princess Fiona. Love you friend. Lea

Rachel said...

Very satisfying to get good service. So rare these days I find! You're going to have so much fun!

Keri's Collage... said...

Yay! It's booked...I love a good countdown :)
PS...we need more Peter's in this world!

Anonymous said...

Gotta' love great customer service. Too bad it seems to be such a rarity these days.