Thursday, March 10, 2011

Heavenly crepes

Ok, I realize that "heavenly" may be an overstatement, but in my mind, they were heavenly ... because I made them with my own 2 hands. I'm sure you know by now, but cooking really isn't my thang, but it was Fat Tuesday, after all and I had just gotten a recipe from my fellow blogger, Jill, so I thought, why not try it?

I realize they're lumpy and my eggs yolks were really orangey so that's why they look so yellow, but you know what ...they tasted good and that's what mattered to me.

There's gotta be a life lesson here ... Don't judge a book by it's cover ... We all have a few lumps but are still essentially good ... or maybe it's as simple as ... Stop being so scared of cooking, Fiona, and just DO it every once in awhile and you'll see it's not so scary!

Sprinkle on a little sugar and cinnamon and everything turns out all right.

I remember one time I was all excited because at school we were going to learn how to make something called crepes and it sounded so exotic. I came home at the end of the day and said to my Mom, "Those things weren't so great. They were German pancakes! We eat those all the time." It wasn't that I didn't like them when my Mom made them. I just thought I was going to see something new at school that day, but it was something I'd known all along, just with another name ... hmmm, there's probably a life lesson somewhere in there, too.

This is how I used to eat them as a kid ... rolled up with sugar inside. Mmmm, mmm, mmmmm

That was fun for me. I wonder what I should tackle next!

No comments: