Sunday, September 17, 2006

Cousins are Great

My cousin Taraleigh came down from Kamloops for the weekend to take a course in Vancouver, but she called me up to see if we could hook up sometime over the weekend. To be honest, Taraleigh and I didn't know each other too well growing up. She's 7 years younger than me, and when you're under 20 years old, 7 years can be a lot. Plus, we have probably over 50 cousins (including the spouses), so it's hard to get to know them all. But last summer we had a family reunion and Taraleigh and I connected on the "adult" level and it's been great to get to know her a little better. We headed downtown and went to Milestone's at English Bay because of the amazing view. After supper we headed over to the beach to get some shots of the sunset.

Do you see why I was reminded that we live in a beautiful city?

After the sunset we headed to the Imax to see Wild Safari in 3D. The film was amazing and I already wanted to go to Africa, so yet again, saddness that I'm not leaving in December, but that's ok.



The glasses were lovely as well.


We tried to take a picture of ourselves with the sails in the background, but I just couldn't seem to get it aimed right. Oh well, we howled trying to figure it out and I'm sure the people walking by thought we were drunk, but we hadn't had a drop! Honest! Thanks for the fun night, Taraleigh. It was great to hang out with you.

Oh, and today's my Dad's birthday! Happy Birthday Dad! Love you VERY much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

English Bay is so beautiful. We went there to celebrate my brother's 50th birthday in the summer. We took a picnic and sat and watched the sunset and listened to the dinner cruise ship's music (Antonio Banderas was on it I think b/c it was salsa music on). It is one of my favorite memories of the summer.