Monday, September 25, 2006

Discovering BC's Wine Country


So, this weekend Bren, Karen and I decided to go to Osoyoos for the weekend and get away. Bren's friend and his family own a condo up there and it was great. When we weren't relaxing in the house watching a movie, we sat by the pool, walked down to the lake and sat in the hot tub in the dark and looked at all the amazing stars.


Not too shabby, hey?
On Saturday we ventured out to a few vineyards and I tried my first taste of wine ... EVER! Yes, I'm 34 and had never tasted wine before. I must say, it was mighty good. Bren and Karen said that for my first taste I got a really good one ... Ice Wine. The first place we went was called The Blasted Church and they have really neat art on their wine bottles. The next one we went to was called Hawthorne Mountain Vineyards.





So, although it was short but sweet, it was great to get away. Thanks for some good times and fun memories girls!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! Good times! Good times!

Jennie said...

Glad you had fun but you didn't mention your very good friend who didn't come with you!! :) Missed you guys!