Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Postponed

Wow, what a week! My trip was getting to the point that it wasn't fun to plan anymore and I was starting to panic because if I didn't book my ticket soon, then I wouldn't be leaving in December. Then a wise co-worker said to me that what she does when she's anxious about a decision and realizes that it's taking over her thoughts, is that she decides that this decision is taking up too much time and that she's going to sit back and see how the decision figures itself out. She said something about everything working itself out eventually because there's a plan for your life. Then I said, "But I have to decide within the next week or else I probably won't get a ticket in December." To which she said, "Then you don't go in December." And it's like a light bulb went off over my head. Right! If I'm meant to leave in December, then God will work it that I can buy my ticket as late as He wants and I'll still go then, but if I’m not supposed to go until later, or not go at all, then the "window" of opportunity to buy my ticket in time will pass and THAT'S OK!!! I mean, after all, I was the one who decided upon the December date, so I can also change that. I wanted to feel at peace so bad about this trip that I almost felt the stress leave my body as the "lights" kept going on in my head. And this past Saturday morning I woke up and my first thought was, "Why don't I postpone my trip for a year?" As soon as I thought that, it felt like a HUGE weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

So there you have it. Not exactly how I envisioned this to turn out, but I'm still happy about it. Did I "hear" the call wrong last year or when God told me last December to be patient and wait, have I just not waited long enough? Only He knows and that's fine with me. I'm still going to go buy the backpack that my girlfriends gave me money for at my birthday dinner, because although I'm sticking around for awhile, that travel bug will have me flying away eventually, so … did you hear that knock at your door? That might just be me! :)

No comments: