Friday, August 31, 2007

Happy 50th Anniversary!!!

A couple of weeks ago my Uncle Abe & Aunt Jess celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. I remember when I was a little girl and people my grandparents age were having 50th anniversaries. They seemed SO old! Now my parents age people are having them, but they don't seem old enough. Man how time flies.

Anyways, I thought I'd post a few pics and videos from their celebration.

When you walked into the gym, you saw 10 wedding dresses hanging up. These 4 were Aunt Jess' on the far left, then my cousin Jan's, then Iris' who married my cousin Ken and on the far right is my cousin Carol's dress. On the other side of the stage were the 6 dresses from the grandkids who've gotten married so far, but I forgot to get a picture of them. It was neat to see how the styles had changed. These 4 all had sleeves (I like how they were all pinned together very prim and proper) and the other 6 all had either no sleeves or they were strapless.

Here's the happy couple.




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


This is a video of their daugthers and their niece singing. I know it's a little on the old fashioned side, but isn't it beautiful? I love the harmony. The lighting was really bad in the gym, so, sorry about the quality of the videos and pictures.

Here's the whole family ... kids, grandkids and great-grandkids.

My parents came out for it as well, so it was nice to see Mom and Dad again.




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


God is so good. Simple song, yet so true. Can you hear my Mom singing beside me? She's so cute (and a good harmonizer, too).

Growing up at Froese family gatherings, we would always have a sing along with U. Abe & A. Jess and their kids up there leading us and it brought back so many memories to hear them sing again. They and their 3 kids (and their respective families) have lived next to each other for the past 29 years or so. I don't know too many families that could do that without killing each other, but they did it and have maintained a very close relationship. Saturday morning breakfasts together every week has also helped bring them very close. I applaude them for making it happen.

Congratulations U. Abe & A. Jess. I've seen your love for each other and your family over the years and it is truly something to aspire to.

5 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

This is a very sweet post and I sang along with God is so good. I love harmonizing too and fear that it is going to be lost soon.

It sounds like you've had a lot of fun together.

Nancy Skeels said...

50 years... wow! That is quite a milestone. How fortunate that they have you all to celebrate with.

Kori's House said...

call me 'old school'... I love it!
Looks like a great time with family!!

Anonymous said...

Hey fion,
I want to see a picture of the dresses. I so wish we could have gone. I love listening to the videos. Hearing mom sing harmony made me cry. And Uncle Abe always sang God is so Good and he really hasn't aged. They looked great. Yes, there marriage and life is something to aspire too. It is beautiful. Thanks for the blog about it. It made me all warm and fuzzy and full of good memories of our times with the Falks. Love ya sis.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.