Monday, August 20, 2007

Whidbey Island - Part 2

So, where was I? Oh yeah, Friday morning after Colleen left, we went exploring on the beach and I of course had my camera in hand.



Bren was the bravest explorer of us all and walked aways out into the water. There was too much icky seaweed for my liking. She went much farther than this, but I liked this pic best with the birds flying behind her.


This was a funny one to set up and then try to run into without twisting my ankle on the rocks. It turned out nice, however, it looks a little like it could be our album cover if we were a band. Anyone have any ideas for a name for our "band"?

I saw a lady taking a picture of this little guy and was surprised how close she got to him. I thought, "Well, I must try to get a good shot of him, too." I kept getting closer and closer and he didn't budge. When I got this close, I realized that he had fishing line hanging out of his beak. You can kind of see it in this picture near his feet. This distressed Bren big time as we discussed the possibility of there being a hook at the end of that fishing line and maybe he's not feeling so good and that's why he's not flying away. We talked about going and helping him and trying to pull it out, but then figured that if it was hooked inside of him, we might do more damage, so we just left him. When we last say him he had friends with him, so hopefully they were there to comfort him. The next day when we went by the same spot, he was gone. One can only hope he's soaring with all the other seagulls again. ;)

I done not lurned real good spellin' skills.

This was about as wet as I got. I found this spot where there was no seaweed.

I hope it's not sacrilegious to take a black and white picture of the American flag. Tif, if you read this, I just thought it was a nice picture. No offense intended. :)

Aaaaaah, the sunsets were amazing.

On Saturday night, Lori came and joined us for some fun. First thing we did, roasted some marshmallows and sat around the fire.



These lanterns were very cool. They LOOK like candles, however, they are solar powered lights that flicker to create the illusion of a candle. Very pretty. I think they got them at Target or Walmart. Don't you hate that the American Walmart has different stuff than our Walmarts?

On Sunday we headed into a neighbouring town called Langley and did a little shopping where I found a cute little quilt shop and bought some new material to make another quilt. This will be my winter project when the weather keeps me inside. I think everyone found some cute little finds.


Lori also made a friend while there. Whatcha talking 'bout, Lori?

And then we made a fire again with the help of our 89 year old cute neighbour named Harold (I'm not sure if he was 89, but he was around there somewhere). He lent us some lighter fluid. Worked like a charm! Thanks Harold. Then we went a little camera happy, so I thought I'd make a collage. :)

It was a wonderful weekend away. I hope we go back soon. I will leave you with my favorite picture of the weekend. Even just looking at this view now relaxes me. How can you NOT love a view like that?

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love that last picture...it's looks simply perfect!

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures! I really think you need to plan a get-away there for all your blog friends. ;)