Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Fun with Friends - Part 2b

After Taste of the City, we headed downtown and parked in Yale Town. Now, if you know where Yale Town is, it's waaaaaaay far away from English Bay. Well, let's just say that one end of Davie St. is the ocean where the fireworks were, and the other end of Davie ends in Yale Town, but we were up for the walk. We needed to walk off all that yummy food from Taste of the City, remember? We started off at a good pace, looked in a few stores, walked a few more blocks, stopped in Starbucks to pee and then we sat down. That, was a mistake. It took us awhile to get going again because we were all feeling that, "if I were at home I'd be having a nap right now," feeling. It was only about 6:30 and the fireworks didn't start until 10:00. You know you're getting older when ...

But we pushed on and made it to our grassy spot where we've sat for the last couple of years. It's not down on the sand, but it's a clear view and isn't amongst all the crowds. Well, we sat here for awhile, got our Flying Wedge pizza for supper and played with the bubble blowing pens that HSBC was handing out and people watched. I love people watching. There are definitely some interesting people to watch in Vancouver.

We were probably amongst those interesting people for other people to watch us blowing these bubbles. We had a moment of youthfulness amidst our tired bodies.


This was just a random picture I snapped of Bren that I thought was beautiful, so I had to post it. Hopefully she won't kill me for doing so. :)

Good times, good friends.

After awhile, Bren and I decided to take a walk and see how things were going down on the sand. Yes, there were a LOT of people, but there were quite a few empty spots on the sand, so we decided to take a chance with the crowds, so we moved.


I know I inundated you with pictures from the Abbotsford - Canada Day fireworks, but I had to post these because they were QUITE a bit better.








Isn't that beautiful?
Well, I do have a Part 3 of Fun with Friends to post, but that will have to wait until next week. Tomorrow I'm off to a cabin in the States for the long weekend, so I hope everyone enjoys BC Day (that is what the Stat is on Monday, isn't it?).

2 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

See why bother with going when I can look at the fireworks on your blog. Those pictures are wonderful. Glad you had a great time.

Kori's House said...

That looks like so much fun! I have always wanted to go but am a little afraid of the crowds. The paper makes it out to be a bit of a madhouse. Is it?!?

Great pictures of you & your friends as well as the fireworks!