Thursday, January 21, 2010

Acting opportunity

Now, that title may be a little misleading, because it's actually a work opportunity. In the government (and maybe elsewhere as well), when you get offered a chance to work in a job that's a level or more higher than what you're currently in, they call it an "acting" opportunity. Well, do you remember that job that I didn't get last year? I've just been asked to "act" in this position for 7 weeks alongside the person who got the job. She's been saying for awhile now that there's more work in that position than for just one person, so, with year end quickly approaching, they found some extra money in their budget and told her to spend it however she wanted ... and she wants ME! :) I've accepted and start on Feb. 8. I'm very interested to see what this job is all about and whether or not I'll even like it. I went back a year and re-read all my posts about applying for this position and all the tests and interviews and in the end ... how I didn't get it. It's yet again another great reminder of how God is in control. Just a couple of short months later I was offered the transfer to the job I'm at now and SO love it! I had always dreaded or declined working in a prison, but I'm loving it. It's SO laid back and the workload isn't overwhelming like it was at my other job. Yes, God knows best.

I had just been wondering how I would be able to make some more money because I'm really starting to think that 2010 will be the end of my house sitting reign. I know you didn't think you'd hear me say these words, but I'm starting to want to settle down, but to be able to buy my own place, I'd have to buckle down and start saving a little more then I have been. This acting opportunity will really help out in that department as well.

February and March will be an interesting couple of months. So strange how things work out. ;)

6 comments:

Jennie said...

Can't wait to see what happens next!! :)

Rachel said...

Keep us posted!

Kori's House said...

That's really cool!

Anonymous said...

It really is amazing how God works, isn't it? He always knows best.

Anonymous said...

Love that!!! So glad God's plans are so much better than ours. Hopefully it will help to pay off all those things I "encouraged" you to buy while you were here.
Love you friend,
Lea

Anonymous said...

That is awesome, Congrats!