Monday, January 25, 2010

Tag, you're it!

10 years ago today...
- I was about to finish up working in Camden, NJ with Inner City kids
- I weighed a lot less
- I was anticipating Rachel's trip out to drive back home with me (we visited Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA, Atlantic City, NJ and NYC in 4 days!)

1 year ago...
- I was desperately in need of a new job (and I got it and I love it!)
- I was "only" in my 4th year of house sitting
- I was preparing for my trip to Ottawa

Yesterday...
- I should've gone outside and enjoyed the sun
- I really enjoyed Jeff's sermon
- I enjoyed giving and listening to the members of my Care Group give our spiritual goals for the year (I'll write about that later)
- I had a good talk with God but am no closer to figuring things out than before our talk ... although I do know that it's a good thing He's in control and not me.

Tomorrow...
- I'm going back to work (and will be alone in the office for 8 days - my supervisor is going to Mexico - I think the first few days will be great to catch up and then it'll get lonely)
- I'll maybe take advantage of the movie, pop and popcorn for $9.99 deal
- I will probably look on MLS for more real estate listings
- I'll hopefully walk "the hill" again
- I'm hoping it won't be raining

5 snacks I enjoy...
- chips and salsa
- blueberry/banana smoothie
- cheese and crackers
- popcorn
- Kit Kat chunk





Best impression...
I don't think I can do any impressions

5 things I would do with $1 000 000
- have a good down payment for a nice place to live











- tithe
- go on a GREAT trip ... maybe around the world, or maybe on an amazing safari in Africa
- spend some on a few fun things for my family
- be boring and save some

5 locations I would like to run away to
- Kenya
- south of France
- Italy
- Thailand
- The Cook Islands













5 bad habits I have
- I say, "Frick" or "Freak" a lot
- spending money (saving hasn't really been in my vocabulary a lot over the last few years - although I don't regret anything I've done and I did manage to save up enough for a down payment, so maybe I'm not as bad at it as I thought)
- being on time (which can be a bad thing if you're not laid back enough to not get upset when other people are late)
- eating
- gossiping (I know, it's not a pretty one, but if I'm being honest ... I'm working on it, though and trying to become more aware of it and STOP!)













5 things I love doing
- reading












- spending time on my computer either on FB or blogging
- quilting
- hanging out with friends and family
- travelling

5 things I will most likely never wear
- spandex
- my grad dress again
- super low rise jeans
- I'm tempted to say a wedding dress, but I'm trying to be positive about that one, so I'll say stiletto heals
- this outfit












5 movies I like (I LOOOOVE movies, so these are just the first 5 that come to my head ... there are MANY more)
- Slumdog Millionaire
- The Station Agent
- Lucky Number Sleven
- Godfather Trilogy
- Lars and the Real Girl













5 famous people I would love to meet
- Bono (or any member of U2 - I know, big surprise)








- Ewan McGregor (rent or buy Long Way Down or Long Way Round - amazing! - would love to talk to him about those trips)
- Heidi Klum (she just seems fun)
- John Krazinsky (who doesn't love Jim?)
- Lenny Kravitz (I'd ask him about his faith because a couple of his songs on his last album are totally about God)

5 biggest joys at the moment
- My relationship with God
- My friends/family









- That I'm not drowning in debt
- The thought of becoming a Big Sister
- Thinking about settling down (you never thought you'd hear me say that, did you?)

5 favorite toys
- my car









- my computer
- my sewing machine
- my Magic Bullet
- my iPod

5 people to tag (but honestly no pressure - only if you want to - it was actually a lot harder than I originally thought it would be)
- Sonya
- Jennie
- Rachel
- Keri
- Kori

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very fun! And informative! Oh, and thanks for tagging me. :p

Rachel said...

I love these types of posts...good info to know :)