Friday, January 15, 2010

Family gathering

I know this is late, but better late then never. :)

My sister flew back with me to Abbotsford so she could come with me to the gathering for my Mom's side of the family. I'm on the younger side of my million and one cousins from this side, so I don't know them all as well as I know the Borne side. It was good to see them and catch up a bit. Here I am with my cousin, Josh's son, Joel. Isn't he a cutie?!

Josh also has twins and this is Angelina. Josh and Sheryl definitely make CUTE babies!

Food, fellowship and singing!

I would say that I hung out the most with Josh while I was growing up ... him and his brother Graham, but Graham couldn't make it to the gathering. Love ya, cuz!

Here are the 14 of us cousins that made it to the gathering. We had representation from 8 of the 12 families. Not bad, but we've got a reunion in the works to see how many more we can get out ... hopefully this summer!

Family's great, isn't it? Even if you don't know them super well, they are a part of who you are and it's interesting to see the similarities.

3 comments:

Kori's House said...

Looks like a good day with family! How cool that your sister was able to join you!

Boy do a few of the men in the top row all look alike!!

Fiona said...

That's funny! 2 of them are twins and the other 2 are their brothers, so that would be why such a strong resemblance ... other than the rest of us just being cousins, I mean. :)

Anonymous said...

Your cousin Ken looks a lot like my husband. :) I like it that he is my cousin now too cause that makes us almost related. Love you friend.
Leana