Saturday, February 26, 2011

Globetrotters!

Other than the obvious rewards of being a Big Sister, there are some pretty great perks as well. The main one being that you get free tickets to a lot of things. Last night we went to yet another Heat game and last week we got to go see the Harlem Globetrotters (oh, and did I mention that last summer we went to Cirque du Soleil? Yeah, that's right).

I felt a little bad for them because as many people as you see in the stands ... yeah, it didn't fill up any more than that. I "think" I had seen them when I was a kid, but people have been questioning my memory of them coming to my High School and that maybe it was a knock off team. Maybe they're right, so in that case, this was my first time seeing them ... which, nope ... just doesn't feel right saying. Oh well. 1st, 2nd ... does it really matter? I think it was Rachel who commented on my Facebook status that she'd heard you only need to see them once every 10 years and I think she's right. It was fun and because I love basketball, I can appreciate the talent it takes to be silly and still pull off the shots and plays that they do.

When they had been introduced and were warming up a bit, I looked at one of the guys and thought, "He looks familiar. Why would I "know" him? Has he been on a talk show or something lately?" And then it came to me ... THE AMAZING RACE! Flight Time and Big Easy were contestants on one of my favorite shows a couple of seasons back. For some reason Big Easy wasn't there, but the guy twirling the ball on his finger in the picture above ... that's Flight Time! Don't believe me?

Apology accepted. ;)
They pulled a lot of kids out on the floor and did fun things with them.

Of course they have to do the pretend-there's-water-in-the-bucket-and-chase-you-around-and-then-throw-it-on-the-crowd-but-oh-wait-it's-just-confetti schtick.


Flight Time pulled this kid out on the floor and was dancing with him. I don't know if you can tell by the kids look on his face, but he was TOTALLY getting into it. Way to go, white kid! Show 'em how it's done!


And the oh-my-goodness-he-pulled-his-shorts-down-and-the-guy-has-on-Elmo-underwear schtick.

There was a line up to meet Flight Time because he was one of the main "characters" but I didn't want to make Danielle stand in line for my crush, so I got her to take this picture of me instead.

In between people walking up to him, I whispered, "The Amazing Race is one of my favorite shows. You did a great job on it!" He said, "Thanks! It starts up again on Sunday," and gave me the thumbs up. I said, "I know!" and waved and walked off. Lately when I watch TV, I watch mostly PVR'd shows, therefore, fast forwarding through commercials (it's GLORIOUS!), so I although I knew that The Amazing Race started again this past Sunday and that they were bringing back past contestants, I didn't know who they were bringing back. As we were walking away I thought, "I wonder if him and Big Easy are back on again ..." and sure enough, there he was on my TV again last Sunday. I wish I would've known that because I would've tried to have gotten some info from him about the season ... what? I can be persuasive! Yeah, you're probably right. He's not allowed to spill any beans. Oh well. It was cool to see him and great that one of my favorite shows is back on again.

No comments: