Monday, November 20, 2006

Boot Camp/Work Out Routine Update

So, Boot Camp officially ended on Friday and although I'm glad I did it and I would recommend it, I didn't lose any weight. I did lose 3/4 of an inch off my biceps and 1/2 an inch off my thighs, but my clothes don't feel like they fit any different and I don't look any different. Oh well. It was fun to try. I might try it again in the Spring/Summer when it's not so nasty to be outside.

But since it's over we needed to try something else. Tonight we started using our two week free tryout at this gym in town. We got the tour and then looked at each other like, "What do we do now?" We were so used to having someone tell us what to do that we didn't know where to start. We started walking on the treadmill and then someone told us that there was a spin class at 5:30 that we should try. Neither of us had done a spin class before, so we didn't know what to expect. Well, expect the worst and sometimes it really is as bad as you expect. My thighs were burning soooooo bad. After the class a couple of the girls told us we should stay and do the Body Toning class because the spin class just works the legs and now we need to work our upper bodies. Really? Well, we were stupid enough to stay and now my biceps and triceps were burning. We were there for 2 and a half hours! What were we thinking? I said to Bren just a few minutes ago, "You know it's not good when you can feel that your legs are sore and all you're doing is sitting." Not good.

Here's to another two weeks of hell. :)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like you are a glutton for punishment :)

Fiona said...

I know, right? Tonight we took it easy and literally shunned any kind of class. We did our own thing on the treadmill for 35 minutes or so. Still burned some calories, but on a WAY more low key scale. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, two blogs in one day!! A big thanks from your friend who checks more than once a day. Sad I know. You are inspiring me to get my but in gear. I have lost a bunch of weight but now need to firm some things up. Summer is coming here in Argentina. Hawaii is just around the corner for you. Fun fun!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona, Hey, I did bootcamp too, but in sept.-oct. It was so hard to get up. Are you at apollo? I got a free week pass for there too but never used it. Okay bye for now

Anonymous said...

whoops. annonymous is Sheryl :) I forgot to leave my name. LOL blonde moment...