Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Fireworks

I forgot to mention that yes, we did get to see the Fireworks on Canada Day after being kicked out of my house early so we couldn't watch it from the view on the hill. I did go back to that house the next day though, and the lady said they couldn't see the fireworks very well from up there, so it all worked out for the best. Here are some pics. Carmen and I both figured out that we have a fireworks setting on our cameras, so we went a little snap happy. I guess the shutter stays open longer than normal, so you can get some crazy, psychedelic pics if you move your hand slightly.

FYI - Jon's just being silly. He doesn't normally sit like that ... does he, Jennie? :)


These first few were off in the distance, and then I remembered I could zoom in.






Doesn't this one look like something from under the sea ... or a choosh ball?




The Grand Finale. Not bad for little ol' Abbotsford .. and an amateur photographer. :)

5 comments:

Kori's House said...

Great photo's!!
I thought it was a pretty good show myself. It was so nice to be outside in the warm summer air!

We sat up on the bleachers, looks like you were on the grass somewhere?

Fiona said...

We walked up and saw the crowd on the actual Rotary Stadium grounds, so we decided to just set up on Maclure Rd. since they were closed off to traffic. Pretty good seats, actually.

Lovella ♥ said...

Hey fiona, those picutres turned out great. I didn't know that there were settings for fireworks. I'm going to take a look at my simple pimple camera and see if it offers it too.

Jennie said...

That was fun...and no I don't think Jon always sits like that, I will have to took note though ;)

villagegirl said...

Those are some great shots! I'm impressed!
One day I'll get to go to the fireworks again. I know we're just a small town but I've always enjoyed them anyhow.