Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Fun with Friends - Part 1

Last weekend, Jennie, Jon, Carmen and I went bowling. Why we don't go bowling more often, I don't know ... well, kind of. Anyways, we had a great time. Here's a little collage of our "moves."

Here are the scores: Mildred = Fiona, Gertrude = Carmen, Helga = Jennie and Spike = Jon.

Gertrude and Helga did better on the second game (which is shown above). Mildred always bowls better in the first game and then her arthritis starts to kick in and her arm is sore for the second game and she doesn't do as well (she got 100 on Game 1). Spike also did better on Game 1, however, felt sorry for the old ladies and decided to let one of us win.

After bowling (fyi - almost every time I type bowling, I type blowing ... not, nice) we went back to my box .. errr, I mean, place and Jon taught us how to play Killer Bunnies. It's a really mean card game that could only be moderately mean, except when you have someone like Jon who kills everyones bunnies and takes no prisoners. :) ha ha Carmen and I had a hard time with the "mean-ness" of it, but we did enjoy it and said we would play again sometime. I actually won!

Thanks for a fun night, you guys!

4 comments:

Kori's House said...

I often wonder the same about bowling, why don't we go more often?!?! I can only play 1 game because my wimpy wrists can't take it :)

My cousins in Calgary play 'Killer Bunnies', I think I may have to check it out!

Keri's Collage... said...

Please tell me where you found the game! I have looked for it since my cousins blogged about it!

Fiona said...

Jennie, if you're reading this, can you tell Keri where Jon bought the game?

Jennie said...

Well, of course, I am reading this and you can get Killer Bunnies at Dufferin Games on SFW. I think it's about $40 and it has a million (well 10, I think) expansions you can get as well that are about $18 each. The kids play with us too even though it says 12 and over they quite enjoy it!