Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Fun with Friends - Part 2a

On Saturday, Bren, Carmen, Steve and I were heading into Vancouver to go to Taste of the City when I remembered that I'd heard on the radio about a 7-11 in Coquitlam that had transformed itself into a Kwik-E-Mart (which is the store in The Simpson's). We made our way there (with help from Natasha and Google) and fun was had by all! Apparently this store usually has about 20,000 customers each month and they went up to 80,000 this past month. I think it's now been made back into a regular 7-11 (it was a promotion for The Simpson's movie and the movie has now opened), but if you want to try and check it out, it's on Landsdown St. in Coquitlam.


There were sprinkled donuts like Homer loves and Squishees (our slushies) which we all purchased.

I got my picture taken with Apu, Homer, Barney and Marge.

I decided to help Marge with the groceries and Steve wanted to read Barney's comic book with him.
Good times and good squishees!
Then we were off to Taste of the City.

This year it was held on the PNE grounds which was much better than last years BC Pavillion location. There was way more room to stand in line and when you wanted to sit down and eat, if you couldn't find a picnic table, there was plenty of grass to sit on.

I got to eat mini burgers. They were so cute and quite tasty. The top one was Barbeque flavour, the middle one was Honey Mustard and the bottom one was Pesto. Very fun! I also ate a lamb hotdog with crispy chips, but I forgot to take a picture of them.

For dessert we had waffles ...

And deep fried, carmalized bananas. Mmm, mmm, mmmmmmmm.

And here we are enjoying those bananas.

Good times. We were so full that we rolled to the car and headed off downtown.
Stayed tuned for pics from the fireworks......
to be continued.

3 comments:

Kori's House said...

That looks like a blast!!
All the food looks very fun and yummy!

Keri's Collage... said...

Yum, Yum, and Yum!
How much does it cost to get in?

Fiona said...

It's free to get in (well, it cost us $6.50 to park) and then you buy tickets and each item costs 3/4/5 tickets. I bought 15 tickets for $10 and I got all the food I mentioned for $10. Not bad!