Thursday, July 12, 2007

Quick Update

I've been absent for awhile because I've now moved into a house with no computer, no cable, no microwave and no dishwasher. How can people live like this????? Ha ha. I know it's not the worst thing that could happen and it's better than paying rent, so I'm trying to still be thankful for a roof over my head. I've been looking into laptop's, but I found out there's no wireless for me to hook up to around my place, so it'll still be sporadic once I get a laptop how much I get to hook up to the internet ... or else the Starbucks people are going to get to know me REALLY well. I tried to get cable TV hooked up today, but between the lady on the phone and myself, we figured out they don't even have a cable outlet ANYWHERE in the house. Isn't that crazy and quite unheard of these days? I guess the house is quite old, so it kind of explains it. Wow, though. I was shocked. Luckily a co-worked lent me her extra microwave and I can handle being my own dishwasher ... I can even handle coming to the library with all the other nerds to check my email, but I'm having a really hard time with not having cable. Oh well. I'm sure God's trying to teach my something. I should go home and stare at the wall now and listen to what He's trying to say. ;)

Don't miss me too much!

7 comments:

Nancy Skeels said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe they don't even have an outlet in the wall ... I think I'd be going through withdrawal at some point, for either the computer or the tv, or both. You may need the library for some good books too. Oh, and what about this season of "so you think you can dance"???

Rachel said...

Sounds like you're at my grandparents house :)

Lovella ♥ said...

don't they even have those things in jail? Wow, I sure hope you get tons of invites for fun and festivites. It sounds like the house I grew up in . .oh wait . .even they've now got those things.

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling for yah on the no cable... but honestly... the weather is so nice so just go outside :) I know.. just bugging yah,,,I love to just unwind watching the boob tube at the end of the day. Could you rent a tv and get some videos?? Then you could rent reruns of tv shows if you don't want to watch just movies. Just an idea. Love Sheryl

Karis said...

I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and start a blog as well......check it out if you're really bored....:)

Anonymous said...

Fiona,
Come baaaack!!! I miss you. Get to Starbucks already so you can rev up the internet on that new laptop of yours.

Love you friend, Leana

villagegirl said...

Wow! I didn't know that was an option (or NOT an option) in this day and age! Crazy! Amazing how we get so used to our modern technology (not that microwaves or cable is even that modern!).
Well, have fun staring at your wall. Hope it's pretty at least. :)