Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Hearing God's Words through song

The other day I went for a walk around Mill Lake and I was listening to my iPod and I had it on shuffle so I'd get a variety of music. Awhile ago I bought the Kendall Payne CD (mostly because her song Scratch was on Grey's Anatomy), but I haven't gotten a chance to really listen to the whole CD yet, but her song called Stand came on and the words really meant something to me. I wanted to raise my hands to Heaven and sing out loud as I was walking, but I decided to wait until I was home where I wouldn't scare anyone. :) Click here to go to her website, scroll down to the bottom and find the song, Stand and then click on the part where it says MP3 and have a listen.

Here I am still waiting
For how long I don't know
It's a long way back from where I've been
But there's no where else to go

So I'll stand
With my face to the wind
And my back to the world
I'll follow You
And I'll go where You tell me to go
No I won't be afraid
No I won't be afraid

I feel Your wind is moving
I'm not sure where it's going
But I'll let it carry me away
Cause I'm not staying in this place
And I won't turn around...

Very simple and she sings it through twice, but she's got a really great raspy voice and it totally caught my attention. Kinda goes with my "honest" post awhile back and how I've been feeling lately. That second last line to me meant that I'm not going to let myself stay in this place of discontentment .. not that I'm not going to stay in this town. :) I just want to wait patiently on God and if He wants me to wait longer, then I'll wait longer, but no matter what, I'll follow Him and go where He wants me to go!!! Anyways, just wanted to share.

Hope you all had a great day. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great music!! I went to her website and listened. I am so hurtin for good music here. Next time someone comes down you need to make me a cd so I can get up to snuff on music stuff. MP3 what's that? Okay just kidding but I have never used one. Chau friend.

Kori's House said...

I love it when a song speaks loud and clear, just when you need it!