Monday, July 23, 2007

I'm Baaaaaaack!

Microwave - check (borrowed from a co-worker, although I found one in the house in the basement on the floor underneath a bunch of baskets ... and it's plugged in! I know I always heat up my food in the basement, don't you? - strange!)

Dishwasher - sort of check (that would be me)

Cable - CHECK!!!

Laptop - CHECK, CHECK!!!

Internet - CHECK, CHECK, CHECK!!!

I am now fully set up, my friends. I went to Staples and spent an hour and a half with a lucky fellow who I'm sure was ready to strangle me by the time I left, but that's ok. I walked away with a new laptop and I'm very happy and having a lot of fun with it. Yippee!!! I feel so self sufficient. :) Thank you to all my friends who let me spend countless hours using their computers and internet services. You've been GREAT!

So, let's catch up. Since my last post with pictures (the fireworks), I was lucky enough to be invited to a wedding on the most popular wedding day of the ... well, ever ... is what I've heard. 07/07/07 was apparently the busiest wedding day ever. I got invited to watch Keldy wed Jeremy. Here are some pics.



It was a beautiful ceremony with tears, worshiping God, laughs and the most amazing vows I think I've ever heard. Seriously, I think after Jeremy finished his vows there was a collective sigh throughout the church. One of my friends said her husband even leaned over to her and said, "Now I want to marry him." :)

There were a lot of people that I knew at this wedding. Watch out, Nance. You never know when someone's watching you. :) This is my friend Nancy with her beautiful boy, Ethan (who I went out for coffee with lately and totally forgot to take a picture - Nance, can you send me the one you took of Ethan and I?) It was just so cute how she was talking and playing with him that I had to take a picture.

And these were some more fun friends that were at my table. From top left - Mike & Kelly Toews, top right - Ken & Lisa Toews, bottow left - Karen Bowater, Me, Carmen Koop and bottom right - Bruce & Brigita Beer. Thanks for a fun time, you guys. It was nice to see you all again.

I'm sure you're now asking yourselves, "Where was that reception held? It's beautiful." And you would be correct. The location is called Sweet Dreams Bed & Breakfast and although you feel like you're way out of town in the country, you're really only 5 - 10 minutes outside of Abbotsford. The owners are GREAT people and incredibly hospitable .. oh, and she's one of the best cooks/bakers I've ever met ... seriously. You should even just go for a drive and check it out. Stunning!
But back to the wedding. Thank you, Keldy and Jeremy for letting me be a part of your special day. You really are the poster couple for Abercrombie & Fitch. Waaaaay too beautiful. :)

Congratulations and may God bless you richly as you set up your new home in NC!

4 comments:

Nancy Skeels said...

Hey, so glad you're back up and running! Did you have to get cable hard-wired in from the road? Gorgeous pictures of the wedding - they really are a beautiful couple.

Lovella ♥ said...

great to have you up and running. Hooray.
Thank you for the pictures of the wedding and the pics of the bride, I sure enjoyed them.

Kori's House said...

Glad to have you back!!
Love all the pictures.
That B & B is beautiful.

villagegirl said...

Beautiful pictures! I've been to that B&B with the Hometour one year. I was speechless. It is SO beautiful and all in our very own little town!
Glad you're back. :)