Sunday, February 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Monica!!

Last night we celebrated Monica's 40th birthday. I hope she doesn't mind me saying that she's 40, because she looks great (also, it's going to be on the pictures I post, so you'd know anyway). :)

Monica loves the restaurant in Vancouver called Los Margaritas (I think that's the name of it), but instead of us all going there, her hubby Kelly decided to put on a Mexican themed party for her here. There were 15 of us in all and it was a great time.


Nothing like a 7 layer dip instead of a cake! During supper Monica's sister and cousins were reminiscing about growing up with Monica and although Mon might kill me for telling you this story, I have to tell it. Mon used to force her sister to play barbies with her and would make up all these scenarios. Sounds normal, right? Well, they weren't allowed to have Ken dolls, so they used their brothers GI Joe doll and Bobby Orr doll instead. Again, sounds normal. Mon's sister told us that Mon was so into barbies that she had to go through the whole life cycle of dating (including kissing), marriage, getting pregnant and giving birth (including the sounds effects of grunting while giving birth). After they've finished telling their stories, Monica starts giggling quietly to herself and after some prodding, tells us that she remembers one time when she made Barbie wear a towel and oops, the towel slipped a little to reveal unmentionables. Too funny. I love your imagination, Mon. Very cute.



Instead of a cake, Monica asked to have a banana split bar. I was so full from supper, but of course I had to stuff my face with the yummy fixin's you see above. Mmmm, mmmm, mmm.

Mon, you have such a wonderful spirit. You are a loving, caring, funny, encouraging friend and I'm so glad to have gotten to know you over the last couple of years. Thanks for letting me "crash" your party. ;P Looking forward to the Jann Arden concert and also to your blow out party in the summer. Bring on the 80s tunes!!!

1 comment:

cayman77 said...

That looks like so much fun!!!!!!! I love the idea 4 the Banana split bar, very cool.
Looks like a great night!