Monday, March 05, 2007

Basketball Fever

This past weekend I went and watched The MEI Eagles play in the finals for the Fraser Valleys. The first half was kind of on the boring side, with MEI down by about 10 at half time. The second half was MUCH better. MEI tied it up halfway through the 3rd quarter and from then on it was a 2 or 3 point game either way. MEI ended up winning 92 - 85. I love that I don't even know anyone on the team but I can still get that same nervous excited feeling that I would get when I would play. Being at the game made me really want to play again, but also made me feel really old. When I used to go to the MEI games, I would sit on the student side, now I sit on the parent/old timers side. Weird. Is it just me, or do these "seniors" look really young?

Congratulations MEI senior boys team! See you at the BCs!

6 comments:

Dwain and Lori said...

Hey Fiona,
What's up with takin Bren to the spa!!! You said you were gonna take me when you won it!!

Just kiddin! What an awesome place!
Miss ya!
L

Rachel said...

Wow...haven't been to an MEI basketball game forever. Yeah...it would be the 'senior' side for me as well :)

Fiona said...

Lori - I didn't use my winnings to PAY for Bren, she just decided to come along with me and get something for herself. Believe me, their prices don't allow for more than one treatment ... wish they would! Don't feel slighted. :)

Rachel - never too soon to get your boys interested in basketball. The BCs are next weekend. Come sit on the "seniors" side with me. Ok, this is coming from a b.ball lover who tries to recruit as many kids as possible, so I understand if you or they have no interest, well, I don't really understand, but I won't hold it against you. :)

Lovella ♥ said...

oh my goodness, I can remember being about 10 years old and "listening" to the MEI/ABBY game on the radio on a Saturday night. It was nail biting even back then. Um that would have been ouch . . 38 years ago. Now, . . do you feel a bit younger? And oh by the way, about your question? We actually are involved in the marriage mentor program at church. Let me know when you're ready. :)

Rachel said...

When and where are the playoffs????

Fiona said...

Rachel - the playoffs are next week, Mar. 14 - 17 at the Pacific Coleseum in Vancouver. Maybe I'll see you there!

Lovella - that's cool that they broadcasted the games on the radio. I guess it does make me feel a bit younger .. thanks! :) Re: marriage counselling, it'll be QUITE some time before I'm there (one small obstacle of not having found "the one" yet), but I know a couple I'll definitely refer to you. I'm jealous they'll get your wisdom first, but I'm sure I'll hear all about it. :)