Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sun Run Training Update

This afternoon, Karen and I went for a run/walk out near Hougen Park and when we turned the corner, this is what we saw.


Where did the road go? I don't know if you can read the little sign on the back of the stop sign, but this is what it said:

Hmmm, you think? :)


Wanna let your kids play on this playground? Wow. We've certainly had a lot of rain the last while, but I LOVE the blue sky in these pictures. I know it's not supposed to last for long, but I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

So, regarding the Sun Run training, Thursday night was really hard for me. I found two ladies that I really enjoy running with on our clinic nights, but for some reason I was having a hard time keeping up on Thursday. This was our schedule.

Walk 5 minutes
Run 10 minutes, walk 1 minute
Run 20 minutes, walk 1 minute
Run 30 minutes, walk 1 minute
Walk 5 minutes

Yes, I was a little nervous. I don't know if you added it up, but that's 60 minutes of running! After our first 10 minute run, I told the ladies that I wasn't feeling as good as last week. At the 15 minute mark of our 20 minute session, we started up Old Yale hill (starting by Fish Trap Creek and running up and over). This is where the ladies started pulling ahead of me. Although it nearly did me in, I did run the whole thing. One of the run leaders, Britney, stayed with me and encouraged me through it. At the bottom of the hill, it dawned on me and I stated out loud (possibly to the sha-grin of my friends around me), "I know why I'm having a hard time! I'm getting my period!!" FYI - I did look around to see if there were any guys running near us and there weren't, so I felt comfortable to say it. Now, this may be TMI for some of you as well and I'm sorry, but as much as I hate getting my period, I was comforted by this thought because I thought I was having a set back in my training, but rather it was that my body was having it's monthly grump-fest. I don't know about you, but my body feels like a big lug during PMS. Anyways, I made it through the run and said Thank You MANY times to Britney for sticking with me. I really think I would've stopped if she hadn't been there to encourage me.

Today was a bit easier:

Walk 5
Run 10, walk 1 - 4 times
Walk 5

Thanks for calling, Karen, and getting me out there. It's always nicer to be out there with someone. I hope you all got a chance to get outside and enjoy the sun today.

P.S. Lovella: one of the ladies I've enjoyed running with is a friend of yours named Laurel. I don't know if that's how she spells it and I can't remember what her last name is, but I know it's a Mennonite one (I know that doesn't narrow it down). Her and her husband just got back from New Zealand to visit their daughter. Super nice lady.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!!! Let's do it again soon.

Jennie said...

You go Girl!!!

Kori's House said...

They aren't kidding when they said "Subject to flooding"!

Good job on the running!!

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh yes of course I know Laurel. Say Hi to her . . .
Anyways, good for you to be training so well. We will be cheering you on and will love to see the pictures when you cross the line.
I couldn't see the pictures . . .just little boxes.
blogger problems . .grr. . .