Monday, March 05, 2007

Spa Day!

Brenda and I had the pleasure of going to the spa last week. In December I won a $150 gift certificate to Spa Utopia from my favorite radio station, Z 95.3. It was right after the big snow fall in late November and I heard the DJ say to email them a story and picture of what you'd been doing since the snow fell. The entries had to be in by 4:30. I worked until 4:00, so I raced home and got my email ready. I typed up my story about how I hadn't been able to go and play in the snow because I was making the quilt for my parents for Christmas and I made it a really good sob story about putting my family pictures on it and how it was a lot of work and blah, blah, blah. Yes, that was all true, but you have to beef these things up to tug at the heart strings (I'll leave out the detail about how I accomplished that because it'll make me seem ruthless just to be able to win something). The computer I was using was a little slow at downloading (no offence Lori - I love being able to use your computer), so by the time I hit send, it was 4:35. I figured I was too late, but by the time I walked from the office to my bedroom, my phone was ringing and it was Z 95.3!!! They said that the spa was doing the same thing that I was doing with my quilt ... putting pictures of the gift giver on their gift certificates, so it tied in to what I was doing with my quilt. NICE!!! My friends all bug me because I win so many things, and my response to them always is, "Did you enter? Can't win if you don't enter!" They have no idea how many things I enter and don't win, but that's ok.

Here are some pics of our luxurious day. It's like you're at home ... but better. They have everything you could need there. They give you nice bath robes and you sit and relax while you wait. Then the masseuse comes and takes you to your room. I had the hot stone massage, in case you were wondering.After our massages we sat in the steam room for about 15 minutes and opened up our pores. That felt great!!! Then they have fully stocked showers. I didn't even have to bring my own shampoo!
After showering, we went and sat in the lounge again and read magazines, ate crushed almonds and dried fruit and looked out over the water. There are a few Spa Utopia locations, but we chose the one at the Pan Pacific looking over the harbour.
Then we went and beautified ourselves. They also have blow dryers, beautiful smelling lotion, lemon water, hair spray etc for our use. They also had ...

"womanly" products! Isn't that awesome!
And because of all the relaxing, steaming and showering you do, you're likely to have had your makeup smudged or come off all together, so they even have ...

Wow. This is the life. Some of you may have experienced this before, but this was my first time. I had HEARD about places like this, but didn't know they really existed. Unfortunately, without winning chances to attend places like this, I will probably never grace the inside again, but it was nice to feel special for a day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply dreamy! I went to the Spa Utopia in Langley a few weeks ago and the Lady was like: Are you ok) uh yeah! Im falling asleep! I had the bliss body wrap. It was like being a Movie Star for a few...

Rachel said...

Sounds wonderful!