Sunday, March 25, 2007

Celebrities Are Just Like Us

Today I went to the Mt. Lehman Roger's video to return a few DVDs and guess who was there? Chad Kroeger, the lead singer from Nickelback.



He looked just like that, too. There was this weird red glow behind him and he gave me this look like, "What the heck are you doing?" Ok, he didn't look exactly like that and I didn't get a picture of him. Tara and I stood outside talking for awhile and we watched him and his wife/girlfriend look for a movie. It was also funny to watch people come out of the store whispering to each other, "Are you sure that's him? Yes, I'm sure." So there you go. Celebrities go to Roger's video and rent movies, just like us. I always have my camera with me so when I went back to my truck, I pulled it out, but I thought they were still in the store so by the time I had zoomed it, I looked up and they were already walking back to their truck and were too far away, so I took this pic of them driving off. Believe me or don't believe me. I know it was him.


I also sat beside him on a Westjet flight from here to Edmonton once. I was trying to be clever and think of something to say that wouldn't make me sound weird or creepy and then he sat down, put his shades on, bent his head down and fell asleep. Alrighty then. Maybe he was mad that he had to sit in the middle seat and that I got the window seat or that I didn't give up my seat to his wife/girlfriend. Or ... maybe he was just really tired. So, again, celebrities fly economy class, just like us.

11 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Wow how fun is that? I haven't had as much experience with celebrites as I'd like. I did touch the queen once. I was looking at the picture not that long ago and showed it to Terry and asked him if he thought I showed post the back of my head and the queen. I think I just might.

Dickie Chick said...

Hi Fiona!
I'm coming out of hiding as one of your stalkers through other blogs. Hope that's ok and your not too weirded out by it. I have enjoyed reading your blog every now and then :)

A brush with fame moment too ...
My mom just quilted Chad Kroeger's fiance's quilt for her (with her industrial quilting machine). They also almost bought my mom's couch that she had for sale (turned out that it was too big for their condo).

Also, I just connected up with someone you know from Camden, New Jersey - Lisa (from N. Ireland). Her roommate out there is a good friend of mine and I stayed with them last week when I was out there. She found out what church I go to and asked if I knew who you were. Small World Hey!! :)

Shari
aka Dickie Chick

Anonymous said...

Ok, I see that I'm not the only one who's coming out of hiding for this post. Or have I commented before? I can't remember. Anyhoo, I've been reading your blog for some time now and love it!

As for Chad Kroeger, my sister has run into him a number of times at different locations around Abbotsford. Last summer while I was down visiting she took me to see his mansion, but I didn't get to see him. (How 'stalker-ish' is that?)

Fiona said...

Lovella - of course you should post the pic of you and the Queen. That's cool!

Shari - I'm not weirded out by you checking out my blog at all. Happy to have you stop by. I've checked yours out, too and you look very familiar. Maybe from R-20s days at Northview or from MEI. Did you go to either or those? That's cool that your Mom made a quilt for Chad's fiance. Is your Mom a pro-quilter? How did they find her? Very cool. I'm so jealous that you were just in Camden and saw Lisa. Isn't she great? I'm going to go check out your blog right after I post this.

Sonya - welcome! Thanks for outing yourself. I've checked out yours, too, but don't believe I've ever outted myself. Aren't we bloggers funny? We all know we do it, but it takes such courage to out ourselves. :) I haven't been out to see Chad's mansion yet, but they live right next to people I know and I've been meaning to do it myself for some time. I love that you went out there! I think we all have a healthy dose of stalker in us ... if that's possible! :)

onedayatatime said...

Hey, Fiona, Sonya's sister, Barb here... Most recently I ran into Chad at our local Walmart, and he was asking me about soil (we were in the garden department). He actually talked to a "regular" non-star like me! I almost peed my pants when he started talking to me. I've also run into him at our local Staples. A freind of mine ran into him recently at IGA at Mt. Lehman. It's so cool to know that celebrity's shop at the same places we do!! I can feel your Chad sighting excitement. It's a kind of high, like nothing else :)

Fiona said...

You TALKED to him? Very cool! :)

villagegirl said...

That's too cool! I always laugh at all the magazines that always boast about celebs doing stuff 'just like us?' - in case we thought they were aliens or something but it's totally true! I'm always amazed when someone actually sees them doing something 'normal'. I quite like Nickelback.
Aparently he frequents Hana Sushi as well.

Jennie said...

Maybe he reads your blog...

Kori's House said...

Chad and I go to the same denist. I haven't seen him there, then again I have no idea who he is or what he looks like (other than the picture on this post) so I would probably walk right past :)

I think I have shared my moment with fame on other blogs... but I have actually talked to Tammy Faye Messner in the Target in Palm Springs ;)

Kori's House said...

oops... not target, Ross dress for less!

Anonymous said...

SAAAWEEEET! That is what Chad will say when we stop by his place and drop off a batch of freshly baked cookies with the hopes of him introducing us to some cute lead guitarists. They are always the cutest guys in the band right?

Wish i was there with you at the time - then i would have pushed you into him so that you would have to say "ooops - sorry" and he would say "hey - your beautiful - let's hang out" - and then his girlfriend would be like - "hey back off" and he would be like - "hey - don't be such a drama queen..." and on and on and soon we would be hanging in his back yard enjoying summer bbqs.