Monday, March 05, 2007

Weekend in Seattle

Sorry it took me so long to update. Not having a computer really sucks sometimes. Sorry. :(

So, last weekend 7 of us girls took off for Seattle. As we neared Lynden, we saw a billowing of smoke in the sky. When we got closer, this is what we saw.

"What's going on here?" we wondered. "How could this have started?" We stopped and watched for about 5 minutes. We could feel the heat from our car. It was interesting to watch the fire move throughout the building and it seemed like the tiny streams of water were doing nothing. We were all in awe and then someone pointed this out.Hee Hee - Ok, so it was controlled. Even though it was a training exercise, the firemen were still doing a great job.

Off we headed for lunch at Taco Bell. Yes, you could say we made a run for the border. You probably wouldn't say that, but you could. We had our cheap, yummy meal that we would "pay for" later and I noticed that on the sauce packets they had different sayings. I showed this one to Jennie. I don't know if you can read it or not, but it says, "Will you scratch my back?" I was just showing it to her because it was funny, not because I was asking her if I could scratch her back, and she made the funniest, scrunched up face I'd seen her make. It was like she was recoiling from me as if I'd asked her something vile. I looked at her and said, "What?" She said, "I hate having people scratch my back." Aaah, Jennie, you're so cute. Learn something new about your friends every day.

Onward we went and did some shopping at The Alderwood Mall (the best/biggest mall in Washington I believe). If you have a chance to go there ... do. It's great. The stores that are a MUST hit for us are See's Candies and Sephora, but of course there are many other great stores there as well. The shoe section at Nordstrom's is always good to check out as well ... salesmen are always dressed to the nines ... oh, and the shoes are nice too. ;)

From there we went to the Mercy Me/Audio Adrenaline concert. I really enjoyed the concert even though I didn't know a lot of their songs. I knew a lot of the chorus', so that was good.


Here are the lovely ladies. From left, Carmen, Jennie, Karen, Natasha, Colleen and Brenda. I'm taking the picture. Thanks for a great weekend, girls!

By the time they got to this song, the tears were flowing for me. This song is called, I Can Only Imagine and it talks about the first time we see Jesus face to face. Amazing to even think about it. I believe I will be falling to my knees and not be able to speak. Listen to this clip and follow along with the words below and you'll know what I'm talking about.


Surrounded by your glory
What will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus
Or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence
Or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah
Will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine
I can only imagine

5 comments:

Jennie said...

Ya, how come we always spend so much time in the Nordstrom's shoe department but no one ever buys any shoes...ummmm ;)

Rachel said...

I'll have to show Keith the fire photos...he'll love them! (pyro)

Fiona said...

I think Jennie and I even said something about firefighter Keith when we were watching the fire. Funny! Hope he enjoys them.

Jennie said...

Ya, I think we did :) Funny!

Rachel said...

He's a legend in his own time :)