Monday, February 09, 2009

Catching up via Pictures

After I finished blogging about my trip this past summer, I feel like I skipped ahead to the present, but missed a whole bunch of Fall and early Winter stuff. I know I did my year in review poem that kinda said it all, but here are some pics to go with it.

Before I left on my trip, my friend Carmen got married to the love of her life, Chris. It was a beautiful wedding. Congrats, you two!


Since I was away for my birthday, we celebrated once I got back at the always yummy, Greek Islands.

At the end of summer I got a call to dog sit. Initially I did it because I knew they had a lovely house with a pool and hot tub (sorry, just being honest), but in the end I loved the dog more than the pool and hot tub. Her name is Maddie and she has made me seriously consider settling down and getting my own dog.

One last trip out in the boat (with my friends Mark & Rachel - their kids and Steve and Bren were along as well) before it starts getting too cold. These pics are of Rachel wake boarding, Steve water skiing and Aiden peeing off the end of the boat (can you tell which picture that is?).

I was so proud of my wonderful, friend Jennie who diligently trained for the 10km Police Run. She completed it in September minus her training partner (Jon) who had unfortunately received an injury that withdrew him from the race. Jon's brother ran the race as well and his wife and kids were there to cheer them on.

Road Trip time! Off I went with 3 friends to see So You Think You Can Dance (the tour, I wasn't trying out) in Tacoma. Got as far as Lynden and my truck broke down. We didn't let that stop us, though. After waiting for what seemed to be forever, we rented a car in Bellingham and drove as quickly as possible to Tacoma, sitting down JUST as the show was starting. I had gone to their tour a few years previous and had seats in the 11th row. As fun as it was to be there this time, it just wasn't the same as being able to make eye contact with the performers, but we still had fun, right girls?

Since my truck has been breaking down off and on for quite some time now, I decided it was time to upgrade. Let the car shopping begin. Below are a few pics of the serious contenders, but I test drove at least 5 other ones on top of these 3.

After much deliberation, I decided upon ...

I'm sure most of you know what I chose, but I'm going to leave those of you who don't, hanging for now and save the rest of my pictorial catch up for another time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I had forgotten how blonde your hair was before.

Fiona said...

yeah, i think i'm going to be heading back to that fairly soon. not loving the brown.

Kori's House said...

Lovin' all the pictures!!!

Keri's Collage... said...

Very cool post! It's fun walking down memory lane!

I quite like your hair dark! Maybe you will become a seasonal blonde like some of us!