Monday, February 23, 2009

See you in April!

Well, now that I'm all caught up, I thought I'd take a break. :) I know I'm not Catholic, but a course I took about 8 years ago talked about Lent and what the meaning behind it is. Ever since then I have given up something every year and most of the times it was sweets. It was hard at the beginning but I admit that it got easier every year. For the last few weeks I've felt God challenging me to give up something harder this year and I felt Him telling me it was my computer. So, starting Wednesday morning, in case you email me, Facebook me or leave comments here on my blog and I don't respond, I thought I'd let you in on what I'm doing and that I'm not ignoring you. I will only be available via telephone (phone or text).


In the meantime I will be heading to Ottawa for a few days for work, hanging out with my parents for their last few days in town, figuring out what to do about my job situation (oh, I forgot to mention that I didn't get the job that I had you all praying for. I know God has something else in store for me, but I do admit that I was disappointed - thanks again for all your prayers) and counting down the days until I go to Vegas at the end of March.


Have a great 40 days and I'll see you in April!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

See you in April! :)

Kori's House said...

You'll be missed!
Enjoy all your spare time :)

Keri's Collage... said...

Great idea! We would probably all benefit from giving up the computer!

You will have a lot of blogs to check in on when you get back :)

Marni said...

thought i'd better comment before wednesday! i will miss checkin' in on ya.

cayman77 said...

*Sob* your person #10!!!!! to head to Vegas! Have a great time!!!! Sorry I missed you at blogger night- next time! Take Care!

Rachel said...

Good for you!

Kori's House said...

Welcome back... you've been missed!

Keri's Collage... said...

It's officially April...Welcome Back!

Anonymous said...

Okay, you can come back now. Miss you.
Lea