Thursday, June 28, 2007

Alberta trip - Part 6 - Final Installment

After our week long adventure at my Mom and Dad's, we went up to my sister's (Carolyn) place and hung out with her, my bro-in-law (Fred) and my nephew (Clay) and niece (Bailey). The cousin's had a GREAT time. They played together SO well ... of course Auntie Fiona was kind of forgotten then and had to hang out with the adults, but that's ok! :)

I don't know if you read my post last summer from when I went to my sister's place, but they always have an abundance of animals to play with, and here's the newest addition.

Meet Emma. Emma is Bailey's dog. They have another dog, Bear, and Bear had to get eye surgery so Fred and Care said they couldn't afford to get Bear's eyes fixed and to buy another dog, so Bailey went and emptied out her bank account and bought Emma herself because she wanted her so badly. Isn't that cute?


Every time my they get a new puppy, they let it inside in the evenings for a little bit before bed. Emma zonked out on the floor, but I couldn't resist picking her up and giving her some hugs.

Of GREAT importance on Sunday was that Clay got baptised. We were all very proud of him by taking this big step. Here he is before he gave a short testimony.

I was trying to post a video here of him getting dunked, but youtube won't let me download it and because I was videoing I didn't get any pics of it. But trust me, he did do it in a very cold Pigeon Lake (I think that was the name of it) and here he is after he came out.

Hugs of congratulations!!!

For some reason I just loved this shot of the dogs on the porch with the kids playing on the trampoline off in the distance.

Everyone together except for bro-in-law, Craig (and Mom's taking the picture)

What a difference 5 years can make!

Saying goodbye as we drove off. :(

When we got about 10 minutes down the road, this is the weather we ran into. It fit my sad mood. My parents put on their German, mournful music which also fit my mood.

Why so sad? Well, usually when I leave my family I'm pretty sure when I'll see them next (even if it's not for a few months). This time, if I go to Malaysia at Christmas, I don't know when I'll see my sister and her family in Alberta next, and if I don't go, I don't know when I'll see my sister and her family from Malaysia next. Sometimes it would just be nice to be able to phone each other up and say, "Hey, wanna go for coffee?" But I'm pretty sure that will never happen, so I have to deal with it. But it still makes me sad.


I will try to focus on the good times we had and that new memories were made. All in all, a wonderful trip.


This concludes my trip to Alberta. Just think ... 6 posts for only 11 days. What's going to happen if I go to Malaysia for 4 weeks??? Thank you for putting up with my million entries. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the side-by-side photos of you with your nieces and nephews. Kids sure change alot in a 5-year time span.

Marni said...

I can totally relate to your feeling of sadness leaving your family. It stinks to have such a great time and then have to say goodbye and suspend them somewhere in space until the next time. That's what I love about the prospect of heaven. No more Goodbyes. (Marni)

Kori's House said...

It has been fun reading all your entries and meeting your family :)

Maybe you will have to do a daily post from Malaysia when you go :)